Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2023, 06:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2018 Sunstar LX 35F bed slide issue

Hello fellow Winnebago owners, thank you all for your wealth of knowledge, which has fixed a few of my issues w old Smokey!
My most recent issue is a queen bed slide that somehow now does not fully deploy evenly…ie front side of slide is even w outside wall, rear side of slide is ~2 inch shy of full deployment. The slide seems to function w out noise or other general issues.

Any ideas or thoughts on why and how to remedy such an issue??

Appreciate the knowledge in advance!
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Electric or Hydraulic?

Brand name of the slide mechanism?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Electric or Hydraulic?

Brand name of the slide mechanism?
Manuel says power gear, electric…. I have tried syncing the two motors a few times, it seems to have helped.
We will b moving on Monday and I hope w an another full retraction and sync it may b back to normal.
Any other thoughts?
Tyvm
Old 02-25-2023, 06:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Too late to call a mobile tech but I'd recommend calling around to the mobile techs in the area you plan on heading and see if any of them are familiar with your brand and model. I don't know the electric systems...but someone here on the forum should respond soon.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Appreciate it Jim, I will check w some local repair techs when we arrive at the park.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:24 AM   #6
Site Team

I’ve reread your post a couple of times and I’m not sure I understand the issue. You are talking about the slide not extending evenly. Correct? I guess it’s the word “deploy” that’s confusing me. To me, slides extend or retract. So, “deploy” is extending. Is that what you mean?

And by front and back you mean left side and right side? So, the left side extends completely but the slide is skewed because the right side doesn’t fully extend.

Or, do I have this all wrong?

Does it retract evenly?
Old 03-08-2023, 10:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I’ve reread your post a couple of times and I’m not sure I understand the issue. You are talking about the slide not extending evenly. Correct? I guess it’s the word “deploy” that’s confusing me. To me, slides extend or retract. So, “deploy” is extending. Is that what you mean?

And by front and back you mean left side and right side? So, the left side extends completely but the slide is skewed because the right side doesn’t fully extend.

Or, do I have this all wrong?

Does it retract evenly?
Apologies for the confusion, correct not evenly extending…. Right side will track in first, 4 or 5 inches then left eventually fully retracts. When slide goes out left side is in proper position w right side just shy of touching side wall of coach. Slight pressure on the right side of slide in last few inches of travel will put it in the proper position.
I have synced the motors by using an on/off repetitions pattern until motor clicks and should b synchronized. Appreciate any advice.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:26 AM   #8
Site Team

This can be a number of things. It could be a motor or track issue, or a motor controller issue. Heck there could be some binding with the body happening as well.

The key thing is to get it looked at by someone that knows slides and have it diagnosed. Generally, this kind of problem gets worse and you can be stranded.

Best of luck.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:28 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2023, 11:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

If both sides are moving, I might assume that would rule out motor or linkage problems but not totally sure on that.
But one thing that may cause the motors to get out of sycn is the way we do the extend/ retract part.
I had to fight my wife to get her to do it my way because she is trained to not work a motor once it stops! Good idea on a lot of things but this is designed to have us "overrun" past stop to allow the "heads/gears" on the tracks to sycn.

So something to consider and think about how you do things is if you do let the motor run for a few seconds past when the slide stops???

I may be blaming you for something you don't do but it might give you an easy fix?

The idea is that all motors will run slightly different and with different friction on each side, the slide with move different at different times, so they build the system with this in mind and recommend holding the button a bit after the slide stops moving!

Page 10-3 has info on where to find troubleshooting and referr to the manual that should have come in the big info case. Maybe good info on where to find the lights and what they mean?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	185361  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide