Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2016 Winnebago Vista 35F

We picked up our new motorhome on Friday. This is our third (and probably last) RV. Our first, a 2006 View, we had a great experience, but wanted a larger space. Our second, a Thor Serrano, was well laid out, but horrible quality. We decided to go back to Winnebago. The dealer was excellent to work with, and made the buying easy with no surprises. So far, everything on the RV has worked perfectly. We are so happy to be back with a Winnebago.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1464560243.811136.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	128550Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1464560263.435246.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	128551
bodycoach2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations!!! We also have a 2016 Vista 35F. Looks like a beauty. The same color scheme as ours...Looks like you got the outside tv which we didn't opt for. We also didn't opt for the oven and the bed above the front cab area. We do like our 2016 35F. Ours is getting a Memorial Day treat, a wash and wax job. It should provide us and you many years of enjoyment!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Make that 2015 instead of 2016. Where's the time go.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Enjoy. Some suggestions:

1. Be sure to do a quick check of all visible screws and make sure they all got tightened down good at the factory. In particular, on my 2015 Vista 27N many of the slideout track flathead screws were not fully seated in the countersunk track holes. Not a major issue but could have become one over time if I had not caught it and took care of it.

2. Look under the coach for anything hanging down in particular electrical runs. On my 2015 Vista 27N the wiring install under the coach had multiple wiring harness hangers that were not screwed into the chassis as intended by the engineers and as a result the harness hung lower than intended in a few places.

3. If they did not already tell you at your PDI you want to hold down the slide button a few seconds after the slide stops moving when operating the slides in or out, this allows the motors to compress the slide seals properly and keeps the two sides of the slides aligned. They are not mechanically interconnected so this is the way they are kept aligned. The slide controllers have features that will protect the motors even though you are doing this.

4. There is a heat deflector next to the exhaust below the coach and on mine the wind blowing across under the RV made it hit the exhaust pipe and I would hear this soft banging noise all night when windy. You can move the deflector a little away from the exhaust and stop this if it happens to you.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations, nice looking rig!

Chance
Chance31ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on new MH. Love the floor plan, only wish I get it in a DP.
Be patient with the 1/2 bath black tank pumping and use lots of water when flushing. Mine almost always indicates 1/3 unless a really get at it with water and the Black Tank Flush system.
I wish they had the Loft bed when I got mine, I hope it works out well for you.
Again congrats and many many many miles and smiles
Old 06-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Shakedown Weekend Trip Report:

We brought the RV home to prepare for the weekend. At first, the refrigerator wouldn't cool down, and my wife freaked. I suspected this issue might have been the large fridge might need more precise leveling, and luckily I was correct. Once I got the RV a little more level, it cooled down quickly.

The other issue was the generator. It powered up, but the AC would stop working as soon as it started. After a bit a research, I learned to wait about 2-5 minutes, and watched the Power Management Center control the coach. All the AC's came on within 2 minutes. This was an important issue, as we travel with the dogs all the time.

Also, I noticed that several AC receptacles weren't working. After about 30 seconds of confusion, I remembered GFCI. I reset it, and everything worked.

We spent the weekend 1-1/2 hours away at our favorite campground: Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort. The drive up was excellent. In our previous RV's, we had to use the generator and coach Air Conditioning to stay cool. Not in this Vista 35F. The Dash AC is more than enough to keep the coach cool, even in 96 degree temperature! WOW.

On arrival, everything worked, except I might need to re-calibrate the zero level. The levels work, and no hydraulic leaks, but the passenger front didn't seem to level quite right. I prefer manual leveling anyway.

I went around and checked all the screws I could on the slides: all good. I checked the wiring under the coach; all zip-tied and secured.

SuperGewl, was correct: The midcoach black tank pump does require patience. Luckily, we have a habit of rinsing any extra food out of cookware and plates into the toilet (the little spray hose next to the toilet REALLY helps), so this gives us quite a bit of extra water for the macerator.

I tested all the sinks to see what tanks they drain too. All sinks do indeed drain to grey tank. I made sure there were no leaks or problems with the sewer systems. They black tank rinse worked perfectly too.

A solid Florida downpour showed us there were no leaks.

The ONLY issue I could find was a small LED light over the cab bunk doesn't come on. I'm probably missing something that enables it to receive power.

So far, this machine is AMAZING!
Old 06-16-2016, 04:51 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have a 30T and the small LED over the cab bunk only functions when the bunk is 100% lowered. There is a slide switch I believe on the LED that will turn it on and off when the bunk is down.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Nice and I'm glad you enjoyed the trip with little to no problems. As far as the light, is that the map light for the Driver? If so it only works off the dash switch, like an inside car light.

Good luck in finding out how to get it on

Remember it's not just the destination but the adventure in getting there that counts also.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Joining the Vista LX (2016) club!

We purchased our 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 35F 3 weeks ago. Bodycoach2, ours looks the same as yours and we are loving it. Ours has the Rock Slide interior scheme. I just finished reading the Thread on manufacturing concerns and appreciate Supergewl's recommendations. The one puzzling experience we had on our first trip, was trying to play a DVD movie. We just couldn't get the TV to play it. It played on the Dash Entertainment screen. The manuals that come with the MH were no help to us. I called Winnebago and was sent instructions to turn the key to aux position, relevel the Coach, then turn the key off? We'll have to figure it out on our next trip.

We had an older Itasca (2001) Sundancer 31 ft. before purchasing the Vista LX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	134858  
OrangeXPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

The one puzzling experience we had on our first trip, was trying to play a DVD movie. We just couldn't get the TV to play it. It played on the Dash Entertainment screen. The manuals that come with the MH were no help to us. I called Winnebago and was sent instructions to turn the key to aux position, relevel the Coach, then turn the key off? We'll have to figure it out on our next trip.

I think you have to change the input on the TV to an HDMI input or group wire input, not CABLE 0r ANTENNA. My TV has two sets of input wires, one is HDMI and the other is the group of colored wires. One is for the radio and the other for satellite, I Think, not absolutely sure yet.

Also, if yours is like ours, the TV audio isn't real strong. You can play the TV audio through the radio, by turning the AUDIO/VISUAL "on", then use the remote to control the volume of the radio. It competes with the AC noise much better. Turn the TV volume down to "1".
Old 08-03-2016, 11:22 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
The one puzzling experience we had on our first trip, was trying to play a DVD movie. We just couldn't get the TV to play it. It played on the Dash Entertainment screen. The manuals that come with the MH were no help to us. I called Winnebago and was sent instructions to turn the key to aux position, relevel the Coach, then turn the key off? We'll have to figure it out on our next trip.

I think you have to change the input on the TV to an HDMI input or group wire input, not CABLE 0r ANTENNA. My TV has two sets of input wires, one is HDMI and the other is the group of colored wires. One is for the radio and the other for satellite, I Think, not absolutely sure yet.

Also, if yours is like ours, the TV audio isn't real strong. You can play the TV audio through the radio, by turning the AUDIO/VISUAL "on", then use the remote to control the volume of the radio. It competes with the AC noise much better. Turn the TV volume down to "1".
Yes that is correct, you have to change your input form Cable/ANT to one of the other inputs in order to see a DVD movie. One input should be for the SAT receiver and another for DVD. IF yo don't have SAT then no signal for that one.
Don't you just love the floor plan?
Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I was confused about how playing the DVD from up front worked too. Instead, I bought a cheap small blueray player and keep it near the TV. I disconnect the HDMI from the component connector in the cabinet under the TV, then plug it into the blueray player. We also have the iPad/iPhone HDMI connector, and use the Sling app to watch TV instead of using a satellite system. I have a big data plan, and haven't even come close to the limit on it yet. Also, I'll preload a few movies or binge type TV shows on my iPad and iPhone

The TV volume on our TV is very strong. Even with both AC units running (here in Florida, 2 units are a MUST HAVE in the summer) I've never needed to turn the volume all the way up.

I would like to add an HDMI cable to the outside TV, just in case I might decide to use that TV someday, but it's really difficult to get to the back of the TV.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

2016 Winnebago Vista 35F

Here's our '13 Vista 35f. Just love the extra rest room. We're on the road six to eight weeks at a time. Just returned from a six week trip through Oregon, Washington and Nor-Cal. Great trip with two grand daughters, hence the 1/2 bath.

Few items I've changed/fixed:
Rear track bar
Roof satellite dish
Installed external coax cable for external sat dish
Blue ray and wii player in the bedroom for the girls
Vent covers
Brushed stainless faucets in the bathrooms
Computer fans inside and outside the fridge. Steady 38 degrees.
Designed, built and installed book rack/cup holders next to driver and passenger seats
Replaced lights under cabinet above couch and kitchen sink to led
Changed porch light to led
Fujimoto oil drain
Replaced original house batteries with AGM type

Just hate the Jack antenna!! Might switch it out.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470346011.826369.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470346183.535716.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  99.2 KB
[ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Attached Images

So Cal Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470346775.634897.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	134915 here's a better pic

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
So Cal Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Yes, when we went to the RV Show at Cal Expo, we really wasn't planning on buying a 35 footer. We were used to our older Sundancer (31ft). I know, only 4 ft. longer, but that felt like our comfortable max. We walked into the Vista LX and my wife stated, I love this floor plan! The 3 TVs, the full sized fridge, the full size shower, but definitely it was the layout. I kinda wish that instead of the 1/2 bath, a laundry room was in its place tho. Ahh, but there's so much we like about the MH. THANK YOU for guidance on getting the DVD to play on the TV, and bout the audio. I'm going to give it a try this weekend on our trip to Russian River.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Bodycoach2, your idea is good and worth trying. The audio on our TV Is also very good, still in the near future I'd like to upgrade to that (near rumbling) audio theatrical sound. My wife will say I don't need to.

Tags
winnebago