Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

We picked up our coach today. I turned the recliner sideways as suggested and it opens up the path to, and from, the door and c o c k pit seats. I stumble a little on the dining room chairs. It's not a big deal but I will try positioning the chairs a little differently.

I plan on making a bathroom door stop as pictured above. And the wife is thinking up other projects.

We haven't had a chance to camp yet but I believe we are going to love the layout with slides open. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:48 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsufans View Post
Yes it is tight. We leave the bathroom door open and put a velcro to hold it open. We also shove the euro recliner up against the wall. And yes it is still tight but we get skinny and make do there are few floor plans this good with slides out.

In the back we tossed the king bed and put in the queen. Major improvement in accessibility with slides out.
I agree, we were looking for this type of floorplan in 2010 and stumbled across the 33C. It was a new floorplan and it was the best floorplan that I had seen. Winnebago also offered it in the 2010 37F Suncruiser line also, but with a bath and a half added on.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:47 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Very useful thread. We have a new 2016 33C Sunova on order and were unable to actually see one except in the on line brochure. I read the first post and panicked but the later comments made me feel better. We have a 2012 30A Sunova now and getteing to the bathroom is worse that it looks on the 33C.

Rich Bock
Old 09-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Bock View Post
Very useful thread. We have a new 2016 33C Sunova on order and were unable to actually see one except in the on line brochure. I read the first post and panicked but the later comments made me feel better. We have a 2012 30A Sunova now and getteing to the bathroom is worse that it looks on the 33C.

Rich Bock
Congratulations on the new 33C! If you have any questions, I'm sure that one of us can help you out.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Bock View Post

Rich Bock
We made our first trip today in our new 2016 Sightseer 33C. I had the dealership install a trac bar, a sway bar, and a Safe-T-Plus steering damper. I was very impressed with the driving characteristics of our new coach. It was easy to drive. I could comfortably drive with one hand. I only felt the bow wave from a one truck and it was barely noticeable, a very, very light nudge.

I haven't had an alignment yet. I don't know if an alignment will make any difference in handling characteristics but an alignment is needed.

Cruiseing at 60 MPH the tach was at 2,000 RPMs. Climbing with cruise control set at 60 MPH the tach topped out at 4,300 RPMs. My old 2006 coach would scream at 5,300 RPMs. I never liked winding our old coach up to 5,300 RPMs. I much prefer 4,300 RPMs. I don't know if 4,300 RPMs is the max or if a steeper grade would require more RPMs.

We will return our new coach to the dealership as we return from our four day shake down trip. We have a handful of factory defects that needs repair and the delivery driver banged up the front end cracking the fiberglass in two places, scratching the paint in two places, and causing spider web cracking in three places.

Hopefully your driver will be more careful.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

What we do with the bathroom door is a piece of velcro from the wall to the inside of the door on the top. Holds it pretty good while we travel. We will have to try turning the recliner sideways.
Wsufans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago