Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2016 journey 40r air dump ?

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to dump the air in the suspension before trying to level. Many cases if I try to level from full ride height I run out of Jack. Just wondering if I'm missing how to release air from the suspension system?

By starting to level at the lowest point should solve the problem, any suggestions?

If there's not some feature that I'm overlooking I am contemplating on putting a solenoid right at the suspension leveling device so I can manually dump the system
qwest4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Your leveling system should automatically dump the air first and then lower the jacks to level the coach. Your might not hear the air dumping because of the engine running. Hit the auto leveling button and step outside and watch the coach lower.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I went out to confirm what you recommended, I even went as far as the airing up the system to fall air pressure. Turn the ignition off turned everything off turn ignition back to the run position without the motor running and hit the manual button first no response and then hit auto no response until the Jacks began to pump. Never heard any air release from the system
Old 07-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have this same coach. When I push the auto level button the suspension dumps and lowers the coach. After the coach is lowered then the jacks start lowering one at a time until all four are on the ground and then the coach starts to level. When I'm stopped for more than one night I put a 4X6X8 under each jack to keep my jacks off the ground.
gcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

After you put the transmission in neutral and set the parking brake turn on the leveling system and push the auto level button one time. It takes a few seconds before it responds. I think by pushing the manual level button you are bypassing the auto lowering cycle. I found the auto leveling can't be rushed and take longer than I thought it would. I'm not real patient and had similar issues.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks camper,

I tried it both ways auto and manual, no dump.

What year is yours?
Old 07-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I tried the manual version because someone else posted when they went into the manual mode their coach dumped air. I wanted to give it a shot both ways. They said it would not pump suspension back up until they hit the retract button
Old 07-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Does your coach dump the air when you go to the MANUAL AIR CONTROL? You should hear the air escaping and notice the couch sinking. Also, on mine the degree of level will change. Additionally if you have the big "Winnebago" mud flap at the rear it will be on the ground. If the manual air release fails then you need to get it serviced. Not releasing is not as bad as not filling .
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Ours is a 2016. I don't remember when ours airs back up. I do know that all four jacks retract before it airs up but not sure if it waits until I release the parking brake. I do know that the engine must be running for it to operate correctly .
Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

According to the LCI web site your leveling system is the same as my 2015. It should work the same. It really sounds like your system is not working the way it should.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Your leveling system should automatically dump the air first and then lower the jacks to level the coach. Your might not hear the air dumping because of the engine running. Hit the auto leveling button and step outside and watch the coach lower.
That is the way it works on our '16 Journey.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

My Journey is a 2010 and it Auto Dumps just like others are describing. On mine, even with the engine running, you can clearly hear the air release and it is easy to see the coach lower. I also tend to give my Auto Level System a little time. For example, I turn on the power and will wait maybe 20 - 30 seconds, then push Auto Level 1 time. As soon as I push Auto Level, mine dumps the air......FWIW.
Do you know for sure that your is ever dumping the air?
Old 10-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

My Itasca Horizon works as others have described and when leveling, push the auto level switch ONCE. Getting impatient and pushing other things interrupts the process. I shut down when leveling and when pushing the auto level ONCE, I can hear the air dump and see it drop. Takes a few seconds, maybe several, then the jacks deploy in pairs starting with the most "un-level" side. On mine the parking brake must be on and transmission in neutral to dump.

I have an "emergency stop" button on my control panel and when I have either been impatient, accidentally hit another button, or before I learned about this system, would have to push the "emergency stop" to reset and start again. If I manual dump, I still must set brake and transmission.

Tags
journey