Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #1

2016 Itasca Sunstar 27N just arrived

Waited for 11 weeks, but just saw our new coach at the dealership. Pick it up Friday. We ordered a 2015, but got the 2016, same price, I assusme, since we have a contract. We ordered it end of Jan., at the time they said it would be one of the last 2015's, but.... The one difference is the addition of a "doggie" window on the lower passenger bay. That does also help the driver see out to that side. Many other makes have that window, so that was a pleasant surprise. Don't think there are any other differences and I can not see any 2016 specs on line. Only bummer was they forgot our exterior ladder, which is standard equipment. They are putting a rush order in for that. Let you know how it goes after Friday.
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on the new rig! We love ours - it has been everything we need and want.

Good luck on the shakedown cruise! I wonder how they could "forget" the ladder - I think it is standard on every 27N.

We just finished 3000 miles - 32 days - on our new 27 N, couldn't be happier.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 05-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Price

I am preparing to order a new 27n. Would you please tell me what you paid for your unit? Or approximately what percentage off?
I would like this info to be able to make a good offer.

Thanks
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I bought a "new" 2014 in January of 2015. So it had been on the lot for a long time. It was also probably not the best-selling color, a dark brown called Sedona. But on the plus side, it was absolutely loaded, and had the interior colors we wanted.

I paid about 70% of the factory sticker price. I was getting quotes of about 80% for the 2015 new stock last January.

Still loving that unit - no problems. I hope you do, as well!
Old 05-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #5

2016 Sunstar

We got 22% off and could have gotten slightly better if we went to the Iowa dealership. But we stayed local for service etc.. We did use that out of state offer to bargin with our local dealer. Since this was not on the lot and we ordered it from the factory with a couple of changes, I think we did ok. Also, as I mentioned, it turned out to be a 2016. Went on a couple of 4 day shake down trips and we will be going out for about a month and about 3,500 miles starting this Tuesday after Memorial Day. Had a few kinks, such as tha AC having a loose connection, but all was repaired, except for some interior window molding that is on order. Hopefully all will go well. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I was surprised to find no rear mud flaps, only mudflaps in the front. Did anybody get rear mud flaps on their 27N?

Also, make sure you have an HDMI cable coiled in the overhead for your Tivo or satellite and that it works - there seem to be many many different wiring ideas for this model.

The little support for the handle for the parking brake release is weak. Be careful, as several of us have bent/broken ours.

Other than that, we have been trouble-free. Knocking on wood as I type that...
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies. We are looking at 22% off on a 2016 order, so I think we are in the correct ballpark.

I do agree that the Sedona brown is a little unusual. The one I drove had that color. It just wasn't too appealing. I was surprised that the wife didn't care!

I liked the special order blue and/or gray. But for $8500 extra I'll pass.

I was able to talk to a rep who indicated that there were several upgrades/reinforcements to the slides that should reduce issues.

I have not really been able to find out what you really get with the heat pump upgrade. Not sure if it is needed. Anyone have one?

I am going in next week to finalize our deal.

Thanks

Bill
Old 05-24-2015, 05:48 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
I was surprised to find no rear mud flaps, only mudflaps in the front. Did anybody get rear mud flaps on their 27N?

Also, make sure you have an HDMI cable coiled in the overhead for your Tivo or satellite and that it works - there seem to be many many different wiring ideas for this model.

The little support for the handle for the parking brake release is weak. Be careful, as several of us have bent/broken ours.

Other than that, we have been trouble-free. Knocking on wood as I type that...
Mud flaps on the rear are not included on the bottom of the line. I made a set and installed them myself. Actually they look better than any I have seen on rigs.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have the heat pump option on my 2013 Vista 27N. I just found out how handy it is to have it last week on the cool rainy Washington coast. The propane tank gauge had been showing 1/3 for awhile. When the flame on the stove started getting weaker with yellow tips, I realized I was really low on propane. I didn't want to unhook bring in the slides, retract the jacks and drive over to the pump, then come back and set up again for my final two days at the RV park. I switched over to the heat pump and stayed warm and cozy for the rest of the time. I hadn't been using the heat pump that much because it is noisier than the furnace, but it didn't seem as loud this time. I'll be saving propane and using it more often from now on.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #10

Sunstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlucky View Post
Thanks for the replies. We are looking at 22% off on a 2016 order, so I think we are in the correct ballpark.

I do agree that the Sedona brown is a little unusual. The one I drove had that color. It just wasn't too appealing. I was surprised that the wife didn't care!

I liked the special order blue and/or gray. But for $8500 extra I'll pass.

I was able to talk to a rep who indicated that there were several upgrades/reinforcements to the slides that should reduce issues.

I have not really been able to find out what you really get with the heat pump upgrade. Not sure if it is needed. Anyone have one?

I am going in next week to finalize our deal.

Thanks

Bill
We have the heat pump, have had it on our past coaches also. It allows you to use electricity to heat your coach, rather than than using your pepeopane. We think it is well worth it.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the replies on the heat pump. Another question answered!

Bill
Old 06-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Picking up my 2016 27N on Saturday.... Very excited....
Debifluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Larryjeans

I just ordered mine. Please let me know how it works out and any issues to look out for.

Thanks

Bill
Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Our new 27n soon!!!

We have not posted this forum in a very long time but have been lurking for 27n info. We just bought a 2016 Vista 27n and it is due for delivery soon after July 4th. It will be our 3rd motor home but first new from the factory. The others had all of the bugs worked out and we just added modifications and upgrades. Any thoughts are welcome and thanks ahead for future advice. Let the good times roll. Jane and Peter
Farm Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Just picked up mine on Monday... The Passenger side mirror was very loose. Top two screws appear to be stripped. Other than that issue all is good. Love it - can't wait to go on our first trip.
Debifluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Question Itasca27n

We recently traded our 26HE for the 2015 27N. (Last one in stock) Took it out for its maiden voyage in May. It rained heavily that weekend and when we retracted the slides, the rear drivers side closet slide brought in enough water to fully soak the new mattress right through. The front drivers slide had a piece break off the sofa track that left a good 14 inch gouge in the flooring, and to top it off, the windshield wiper motor did not work. The coach went in for service but the parts didn't come in so we took it out again last weekend when the weather was good and no issues. Back to the dealership Monday to leave and hopefully all gets fixed this week. My husband used his dremel tool to enlarge the sewer hose opening so no issues there. Anyone else have these issues with the slides? We are hoping Winnebago also agrees to replace the mattress.
estack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

This may not mean anything to any of you, but I am waiting to hear anyone testify that the tow haul feature on the transmission works on a 2016 Ford F53 having a 18,000# chassis. This problem is discussed in numerous threads in the Ford forum. Because I do much mountain driving, engine braking is very important to me. I know Superlucky is aware of this problem and is apparently considering buying one of the affected units. If anybody knows something I don't, your input would be appreciated because I am trying to get my transmission fixed and Ford is doing nothing.
hfbundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca