Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2016 Adventurer 38 Q heat in basement compartments

Wondering if anyone knows if the 2016 38Q has heat ducted into the lower basement compartments around the water systems and connections? I've looked all over and haven't seen them and was wondering if they even exist. Could not find any lower heat in the 3d parts diagram.

We're going to be parked up north on freezing nights late Sept/ early Oct in the western mountains and am a bit concerned about a freeze up. Been there- done that before. Not fun.

Anyone know?
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I would assume that it does as our 37F has them.
Peteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #3
Site Team

Yes, they definitely have them...even in the lower end Sunstar/Vista lineup.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Here is why to prove it. Turn on the heat and the blower on high speed and go around in basement compartments and see if heat comes out. You have to use the on board heater and not heat pumps.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

In the brochure on the 2016 Adventurer, under plumbing, it says "heated waste tanks." But I'd be surprised if heat was not directed to the storage bays with the LP heater on.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks!

Thanks Bob! I missed that. I'll get in there tighter and see what I can find. Good info here on the issue. Thanks all
Joe
Old 08-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Our Forza has a 3" gray colored flex duct somewhat above the water pump. I pulled it down to better direct the limited airflow. Learned years ago with a previous unit using supplemental electric heat the furnace needs to run often especially depending on outside temperature. Fortunately we didn't burst any lines.

If you can, run a 40w bulb in that compartment. Not sure if the 120v outlet in the bay area is hot off the inverter. If your hooked up to shore power you're all good and could run 120v bulbs wherever the underbelly water lines are.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Yes, there is heat

It seems to come in to the cavity that houses the freshwater tank and pipes and migrates to the wet bay. When heated inside the bay's usually stay warm. I was ok at 8 above. I do leave the heat on the water heater. I use a remoter thermometer and at times a treble light in wet bay. If concerned I would run a little water during the night if you can. Especially when it is really cold like below 15. Keep your fresh water about half not totally full. I also dump a little anti freeze in tanks which lowers the freezing point.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

You will also find there are open areas under cabinets or as in my former 30T the bed where heat can migrate into the under the floor areas. In the Q you will see the open area under the peninsula in the kitchen that I think just allows gravity to distribute heat. Winnebago says don't seal it The furnace will eat propane so if you can be hooked to electric the light bulbs will do best and space heaters. The fireplace puts out excellent heat. I run generator all night when traveling in winter and stopped in truck stop.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Got through to WBGO Techs

I managed to get through the WBGO techs today and got some great solid info on the subject. They confirm the heat system is ducted to the basement and there is heat down there.

At the same time I queried them about a pretty good sized opening between the basement compartment on the drivers side drivers side -adjacent to the rear ram servicing the forward slide. OOOOH that's a good sized hole right up next to the water tank and some piping. They agreed- yep its some sort of access panel--- not covered. They said if I wanted it covered just go ahead and cover it - won't hurt anything to cover it.

So phase 1= duck tape and some plastic.

Phase 2= small sheet metal screws (or pop rivets?) with a piece of sheet metal (somthing like aluminum flashing maybe)?

Tags
heat, vent