Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question 2015 WINNEBAGO Journey ITASCA Meridian New floor Plans

If any one has any info on new floor plans for Journey or Meridian models, please share here. Only info I can find is on the La Mesa RV dealer website. They have a 40R model Journey with 3 slides listed as on order. Hoping for a rear bath model. Like the 42E, but did not want a tag axle unit. Thanks, Gr'Andy'
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

If you go to "you tube" and search for 2015 winnebago journey" you will find a video walk through of the 40R and one other floor plan.

Hope that helps.
Caliwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I didn't find much, but I don't think there is a Journey with rear bath and no tag (40' or less).
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
Go to Winnebago Industries and you can search there or go to Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors and search there.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to Caliwish, Here is the link for the 2015 Winnebago Journey and Itasca Meridian 40R model with rear bath and forward kitchen.

Enjoy, Gr'Andy'
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

very nice floor plan
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

dang you winnebago

just when I thought there would not be a floor plane that would be perfect for us and we was so close on buying a 42E now they drop this perfect unit it has got everything we need now we are going to save $$ and get this you need to look at the Itasca unit with the paint jobs they got they are amazing online I can not weight till I see them in person thank you Winnebago
stevenchadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I am actually looking forward to a walk thru of the new 2015 42E myself. I want the tag and extra CCC. Winnebago has really step up thier game!

Now only if thay would offer an all electric option.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Nice but I really like my 42E
Old 05-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
Nice but I really like my 42E
Finhawk, just curious. Do you full time or long time in your 42E?

If so do you think there is enough inside closet/ storage space? How often do you have to fill the propane? An all eletric coach seems like it would be less of a hassle.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

We went from a 2008 Voyage 38J to this one. What a difference. We have been full-timing in this coach for 21 months now. There is plenty of room for everything both inside and in the basement. the Maytag is fantastic as is the large shower. I wouldn't be without the half bath. No longer do I have to contend with the hairspray on the floor and the counter. As far as the propane,it depends on the usage. Last winter in Vegas, we went 2 weeks during the coldest period. Now since things have warmed up, I haven't had to add any since about the 5th of April and still have 3/4 tank.
All electric vs this, I guess it's just a matter of taste. I prefer this one
Bruce
Old 05-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
We went from a 2008 Voyage 38J to this one. What a difference. We have been full-timing in this coach for 21 months now. There is plenty of room for everything both inside and in the basement. the Maytag is fantastic as is the large shower. I wouldn't be without the half bath. No longer do I have to contend with the hairspray on the floor and the counter. As far as the propane,it depends on the usage. Last winter in Vegas, we went 2 weeks during the coldest period. Now since things have warmed up, I haven't had to add any since about the 5th of April and still have 3/4 tank.
All electric vs this, I guess it's just a matter of taste. I prefer this one
Bruce
Thanks, Bruce.

That helps a lot. The Wife and I are exploring different Brands and models for long timing. The 42E just got more appealing.

Do you have the "Tank less "water heater or the 10 Gallon one? How long of a shower can you practically take? (the wife got spoiled since she left the Army ! )

Thanks,

Chris a.k.a. Caliwish.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We also have the 42e. We were looking for the 40 in 2013 when we decided on the 42. There were a couple of factors that changed our minds, the better handling of the 42e with the tag axle, the higher ccc weight. The bath & a half has become a great asset. We found there is enough storage space for most things, however we are lacking a storage space for brooms, ect without putting them in the basement. We also added additional shelves in the closet because we have more clothes that fold & store than hang on hangers. The unit we got has the outside TV & the sliding drawer in the basement, I found we use both a lot more than we thought we would. The Mh also came with the traveling satellite dish, not necessary for us, we don't watch tv when driving down the road, I would have preferred the HD dish option instead. We have the 10 gal hot water tank & we find that we can both take showers with no problem.
On the propane issue I added a "T" for an external tank & purchased a 40 lb tank that we use when we are parked long term.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
We also have the 42e. We were looking for the 40 in 2013 when we decided on the 42. There were a couple of factors that changed our minds, the better handling of the 42e with the tag axle, the higher ccc weight. The bath & a half has become a great asset. We found there is enough storage space for most things, however we are lacking a storage space for brooms, ect without putting them in the basement. We also added additional shelves in the closet because we have more clothes that fold & store than hang on hangers. The unit we got has the outside TV & the sliding drawer in the basement, I found we use both a lot more than we thought we would. The Mh also came with the traveling satellite dish, not necessary for us, we don't watch tv when driving down the road, I would have preferred the HD dish option instead. We have the 10 gal hot water tank & we find that we can both take showers with no problem.
On the propane issue I added a "T" for an external tank & purchased a 40 lb tank that we use when we are parked long term.
DSBIKE:
Cool idea with the extra tank. That answers all my questions!!!

Before all this I was thinking the Tour42QD but an extra 75k buys a lot of diesel and propane.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

The 40lb tank just fits in one of the compartments just forward of the rear wheels inside a milk carton & then I use a strap to secure it from moving. I filled it in Dec before we went to Tucson & It still have not refilled it. We have used it for heat & cooking, however not much of either.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
If any one has any info on new floor plans for Journey or Meridian models, please share here. Only info I can find is on the La Mesa RV dealer website. They have a 40R model Journey with 3 slides listed as on order. Hoping for a rear bath model. Like the 42E, but did not want a tag axle unit. Thanks, Gr'Andy'
I have same interest since TIFFIN is making a 38' with 1&1/2 baths. Currently have a 2013 JOURNEY 34B.
milburi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, journey, winnebago