Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Sunova Backup Camera

Just bought a gently used Sunova 33C and we're really enjoying it. The one thing I'm not very happy with is the backup camera. Have any of you replaced it with an aftermarket one that you like, or am I just stuck with what's on it?
jbarry130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just curious what are the issues with the rear camera? Mine works fine but I don't think it was intended to be a 100 percent back up camera as it's field of view is rather narrow. I use it to keep an eye on the toad and at times I will look at it when backing up but you really can't see where you are going. I had to adjust mine to see the tow bar connection and the front of the jeep up to the windshield. I get a clear picture, however the only negative thing is when it is raining and I turn on the head lights the camera goes into night mode (I think it goes into a black and white mode) and things in the picture get too dark to make out clearly.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your response, Bob. I was asking if anyone had replaced their stock camera with a better one. I'd like to get one that is clearer and doesn't become UN-viewable at night. My 2015 Expedition has a terrific rear-view camera and I'd like to find one that comes close to its quality.
jbarry130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera