Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Solei 34T

Does anyone have problems with the large slides. We purchased one used last month and now find out the motors and rails have to be replaced
Lucyg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

But I've been reading threads on various forums for years and yeah, there's lots and lots of people who've had problems with their large slide systems.

Just search the forums using 'slide rails' as the search terms and you'll probably find hundreds of threads.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Jim Thank you for your help. New to forums and when I searched I used make and model
Lucyg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you can, take the time to read as much about the issue as you can. Find the manual in your RV somewhere, but if the PO didn't leave the RV equipment folder for you, contact them and ask where it is? They certainly don't need it now, but you do. All is not lost though, as you can do google searches for nearly everything on your RV for online manuals. And you can call the manufacturer with your VIN (on the dash in front and to the left of the driver) and they should send you PDF files of your RV.

Be sure to avoid going to any Camping World for repairs, they have a very bad reputation. If you want reviews of local shops, check this link RVServiceReviews

...and choose a nearby RV service shop to work on it (if you have a good one near you) after you have gathered all the info on it you can, there are many many shops that have no idea what to do other then just throw parts at it. I'd also look for a local Mobile RV service company to reduce cost and effort. And of course, you can check the service guys on Craigslist for someone with RV experience.

Finally, doesn't hurt to call the shops or Mobile Techs near you and ask if they have experience with your sort of problem before hiring anyone.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote