Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Forza 34T - water leaks in two basement cabins

We have driven thru a lot of rain the past 3 days and now have water in both the sides of the basements. Not buckets full not enough that the carpet is damp.

Any ideas about what to do and how to fix this?

Thanks
Liz and Bruce
LizandBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I've owned several different MHs with basements and at times under different conditions the basements have all leaked a bit. specially those behind a rear tire. I don't know if you could ever get them all sealed and dry at the same time.
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:07 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I also had wet compartments. I put a powerful shop or work light in the cabinet, then closed the door. Crawling around outside, at night of course, I could see tons of light escaping through seams, holes, cracks, etc.

I attacked all the light leaks with a caulking gun loaded with some black, rubbery roofing goo, and now, no more leaks!

It was well worth the time and effort, because mold and rust on your tools and outdoor gear is not your friend!
Old 08-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
I also had wet compartments. I put a powerful shop or work light in the cabinet, then closed the door. Crawling around outside, at night of course, I could see tons of light escaping through seams, holes, cracks, etc.

I attacked all the light leaks with a caulking gun loaded with some black, rubbery roofing goo, and now, no more leaks!

It was well worth the time and effort, because mold and rust on your tools and outdoor gear is not your friend!
Thanks Dan
LizandBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, water, water leak