Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

For the roof ladder, I am having dealer add it using factory ladder - assuming they can get the parts in time for our delivery Friday. If, not, i will get a credit and buy a decent ladder to carry in the bays. On the water heater, I will be adding a Hott Rod conversion myself. Thought about the change out of the water heater, but the 38R has a flush mount cover with trim ring on the outside that is already painted. Did not want to deal with the hassle or mistakes of re-painting the water heater cover.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

What is the brand and size of the residential fridge? How does it compare with the traditional RV fridge?

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Nick:

Our fridge is a two door whirlpool. It's a standard size fridge, freezer on top reg fridge bottom. I'll give major kudos to the ice maker, that son of gun has worked like a champ so far. Better than any other fridge we've ever had!
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Appreciate all the answers to my many questions. I'm in the market and the Forza/Solei look like good choices for us. I want to know as much as possible before I hit a dealer.

What kind of Sat are you guys looking at since I see that these units do not have dishes.

Nick
Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

We are putting a winegard travelr Slimline for Direct TV in our unit. We also have a Wingard Carryall portable. We checked and our dealer said the unit wasn't blocked for a ladder...you may want to check. We are having that double checked through service. I do love the whirlpool fridge as Lanny said. It has eliminated having to bring additional coolers and ice.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

On the Lichtins YouTube review of the Forza it does talk about the blocking being there on the Forza for a ladder. Also, one more add that we did was the day/night shades. I had them in my other coach and wanted the difused light during the day. The Forza only comes with the night shades...too dark for me during the day and too open with nothing on the windows. I'm sure you can't see in....but I just like a little shade.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Very helpful information. We just purchased the Solei just two weeks ago. We got the Air Force One braking system which is very nice. How much and who installs the Steer and Motion control on the motorhome? Is it the Cummins, Freightliner or RV dealer? If you don't mind me asking how much does that cost?
Finfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Nick:

Mine Solei came with the Winegard Traveler for Directv already installed. It too has operated with no problems to date. I do not have a carryout anymore. For now I am resigned to asking CGs to give me a spot with satellite view of southwest. I had a DISH tailgater in last coach but sold all that equipment when I found out that the Solei roof top dish was for Directv. Guess I should have read the forum on here about the kit you can purchase to convert the dishes from one Directv to DISH. We are fulltimers now, so needing the option of DISH to shut off service when RV not in use isn't a requirement anymore. Kinda looking forward to this year's NFL package in Directv, never had the option to watch anyone else other than whoever was on the local channels where I was parked.

Jomo1989 is correct, our Solei only came with the night shades, in my last coach, it had both day/night shades. I've made a shade for the front windshield, but haven't gotten around to the other windows yet. So, if that is important to you, have it done before taking possession.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Hope the following helps:

Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer: Through Amazon $466 for the blue.
Amazon.com: United Safety 41230 Blue Safe-T-Plus Steering Control Apparatus: Automotive

Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc. for the Super Steer items
Front Motion Control Unit: $ 243.00
Rear Motion Control Unit: $170.00
Trim Unit: $549.00

These are parts only and you may be able to find them cheaper or install them yourself. Camping World also sells these items and installs.

We are having ours done by the dealership. I have purchased the parts and they are installing. About $800 to install. We are having other items done as well so a little hard to remember the breakdown for for each install. Sorry I couldn't be more concise. We are trying to get everything done and be finished with it and ready to go! Woo-hoo!! Can't wait to get it back!

Just a note, the dealership did say that the TV/Sat schematics were nothing like what was actually in my coach. It took them an hour just to find where everything was at. They said they will give a full lesson when we come to pick it up. Thank Goodness we didn't try and figure it out on our own! We do need to get HDMI HD boxes from DirectTV though, and replace our older boxes.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

We have the HD Wingard and it was truely push button control. Great HD reception! Thanks for the info on the Safe_T_Plus.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

That's great to hear about the Winegard Finfan! Hope ours will work as well as yours! Thanks for posting!

Also just a note...just found out that our Forza is blocked for a ladder and I'm having that added as a surprise for my DH. That was the only thing he didn't like about the Forza. Woo-hoo!! ($1100)
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

We looked at both the Forza and Solei earlier today. A major concern my wife has it the upholstery on both rigs. The leatherette is almost white and looks like it would be difficult to maintain. Any opinions.

BTW, prices posted were from 24% to 27% off MSRP and I assume would be negotiable.

Nick
Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Traveler of California the light color is a concern for sure. We had the sealant put on the interior leatherette at the dealership to add a little more protection. Our old rig had cloth furnishings and no matter that I had the furniture cleaned every othe year...it still started to look dingy. Hope this will stay looking better a little longer. Good luck in your search!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Do you know the name of the sealant you used on the furniture?

Nick
Old 07-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Hi Nick,

I was called Super Polysteel. It seems like a ScotchGuard type product.

This is just a video I found on the Super Polysteel.....hope it works....not to technical.
Super PolySteel Environmental Protection DARCARS Toyota of Frederick - YouTube
Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Thank you.

Nick
Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

We had the dealer to add rear ladder to our 34T, but had to wait one more week to take delivery due to parts. found out built date prior to Nov '13 Solei/Forza did not have the blocks for ladder, but added after this date. We did buy the one that actually had both night and day shades, they are optional. So far the only thing we wish we had is auto satellite dish, but we can add that next year.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:19 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

I have been trying to get the Blue Ox TruCenter Stabilizer installed. Apparently Freightliner doesn't have the parts/pricing "loaded yet on their system" because the chassis is so new. As a result, we can't get the parts to mount the stabilizer. I was surprised when my RV Dealership explained this to me but I followed up with Frieghtliner and got the same story. So by default we are going to drive it for awhile and see if the stabilizer is really needed. It just seems that it would be helpful for bad weather days. We are adding the day/night shades as well. For me the white shades do too good a job of blocking out sun in the daytime - making the coach dark.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Kevff
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Finfan...Freightliner told me they actually used 2 different diameter tie-rods on the Forza and didn't want to tell us the wrong one, hence they wouldn't tell me. So we had to have the dealership service dept. tell us tie-rod diameter for the safe-t-plus and the rear and front outside diameter of the airbag lines for the motion control unit, so we could order the parts while it was there for other warranty work. Perhaps if you ever have it in the the shop you could get these dimensions. I ordered the blue safe-t-plus steering stabilizer with the the trim unit from Henderson and the motion control from Henderson as well. Our particular unit had airbag line diameters: 1/2" front and 1/4" rear. We had a 1 1/2" tie-rod. This is only for our unit. We really wanted the Safe-T-Plus put back on, since we had one on old unit...for blowouts and the "return to center" feature. My husband could feel a difference without it, even though the overall coach rode better than our old one. These other options have been highly rated in reviews...we'll let you know if there is a difference.

Tags
winnebago