Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2014 Tour Pickup Checklist

We will be picking up our new 2014 Tour on July 27. This will be our first MH and are looking forward to it.

It comes with a training session however I am wondering if anyone has any advice on things to ask about or look at during the time of delivery.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Try this

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/pre-...st-172933.html
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I suggest you go to the WB website and download the operators manual for your new Tour model. Read it and ask the questions you may have. It is my experience that your expected briefing on your new coach will fall short of promise and barely scratch the surface of what you need to know. After reading the manual you will find you know more than the person briefing you, as they (10:1 Vegas odds) have not read the manual on your coach. If you pose a question that challenges their knowledge of the Tour's true operation it will smell like you are behind a dairy herd. Know it yourself and do your homework. If you have questions after the drive by briefing WB customer service is a great resource, as is this forum. Read the many posts here on your Tour and it's components, and how to operate, maintain and "yes" fix. Congrats on your new rig. We have the 2013 QD tour and love the floor plan. More often than not, the goal of the seller is not to spend the time to be thorough and get you smart, but to get you gone.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
I suggest you go to the WB website and download the operators manual for your new Tour model. Read it and ask the questions you may have. It is my experience that your expected briefing on your new coach will fall short of promise and barely scratch the surface of what you need to know. After reading the manual you will find you know more than the person briefing you, as they (10:1 Vegas odds) have not read the manual on your coach. If you pose a question that challenges their knowledge of the Tour's true operation it will smell like you are behind a dairy herd. Know it yourself and do your homework. If you have questions after the drive by briefing WB customer service is a great resource, as is this forum. Read the many posts here on your Tour and it's components, and how to operate, maintain and "yes" fix. Congrats on your new rig. We have the 2013 QD tour and love the floor plan. More often than not, the goal of the seller is not to spend the time to be thorough and get you smart, but to get you gone.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Thanks - I have had the manual for a couple months and read most of it, some parts a couple times.

I would not take the odds as I know you are correct in knowing more than the trainer. I am hoping to find out things to look at and places to stick my head to see if the construction was as good as we hope it will be.

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.

Wave as you go by. You will recognize us by the big smiles.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

2014 Tour QD A/c Vent Question ?

I also just took possession of 2014 Tour QD a few months ago. Love this coach.

When in passenger seat , the front 2 left A/C vents don't put out any air. Had dealer pull the dash panels to expose them and there are NO HOSES HOOKED UP TO THEM. And no possible way to hook any up it seems. They are dummies on mine.
From the A/C plenum located behind the center radio etc display, 3 hoses run toward passenger side. 2 go to vents located to the front right of passenger seat and one hose goes to the floor vent . That's it! The 2 on left front side of passenger seat have no horses to them. I was shocked. It is too hot there without them.

The same vents on my 2013 Tour GD worked just fine.

Are all 2014 QD's like this?? Please advise 2014 Tour QD owner. Thank you, Don
deschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Good luck with your new TOUR, I also am a first time owner of a 2104 Tour picked it up in January and still leaning things as I sit in recliner reading manuals.

2014 Tour
midgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

A/C Ducts

deschrock, here is a drawing of your dash which 2 are missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42GD Dash Air.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	73470  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Going to go out and check mine. We have been running the air and the DW has not made a comment other than could you turn the a/c on. I did and she said thankyou.

Coach is out in the yard waiting patiently to get a wash. It will have to be patient until tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
the 2 to the left of the right ones. the ones at the top to the right of center. how odd!!! thx for the drawing . will get hold of winnebago. am at freightliner tomorrow . will ask them as well. really thank you for this. Don
Old 09-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
just printed the drawing out. Did notice it said "GD" . Mine is a QD. Previous one was a GD and they all worked just like the drawing. Is it same on 2014 QD? should be but just don't know yet. Don
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
just printed the drawing out. Did notice it said "GD" . Mine is a QD. Previous one was a GD and they all worked just like the drawing. Is it same on 2014 QD? should be but just don't know yet. Don
Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

deschrock, They are all the same. That is my title on the drawing so I might have just typed it wrong.
Show the picture to the dealer and tell him to fix it. It is a Winnebago issue.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Going to go out and check mine. We have been running the air and the DW has not made a comment other than could you turn the a/c on. I did and she said thankyou.

Coach is out in the yard waiting patiently to get a wash. It will have to be patient until tomorrow.
Ran the fan and checked all of the vents. All are blowing air.