Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2014 Adventurer 37F

Hello! Today I visited a local RV show and saw the Adventurer 37F I have seen them before but today we took our time and really explorer it, one question on this model instead of the dinning booth that turns into a bed had the table and chair combo, in my situation I need to use this as a bed at night time, I know that in 2013 Winnebago had this as an option but going directly to their web page I do not see this as an option for the 2014 model. I asked the sales person and he first said no then said that they can do this locally but was not able to tell me if I can order it as an option, does anyone out there have a 2014 with the dinette booth that turns into a bed that was bought directly from Winnebago? Thanks in advance
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Call Winny and ask them your questions. They are nice folks and they build them. Shame on a salesperson, trying to make a large commission, that does not do that for you.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
Hello! Today I visited a local RV show and saw the Adventurer 37F I have seen them before but today we took our time and really explorer it, one question on this model instead of the dinning booth that turns into a bed had the table and chair combo, in my situation I need to use this as a bed at night time, I know that in 2013 Winnebago had this as an option but going directly to their web page I do not see this as an option for the 2014 model. I asked the sales person and he first said no then said that they can do this locally but was not able to tell me if I can order it as an option, does anyone out there have a 2014 with the dinette booth that turns into a bed that was bought directly from Winnebago? Thanks in advance
The current info online suggests the booth is NOT available on the 2014 37F. Only two options shown are queen bed & residential refer. Quite a change from 2010 when the booth was standard and our table & chairs were an additional cost option. You do realize the sofa converts into a bed, right? If you need BOTH, then you have my deepest sympathy (kidding) ed
Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

2014 Adventurer 37F

Thanks for the information I will make that call I have nothing to lose, and I do need to use the couch and the booth dinette as beds. Thanks Again
Old 02-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Thanks for the information I will make that call I have nothing to lose, and I do need to use the couch and the booth dinette as beds. Thanks Again

We have a 2013 37F with the large booth. We had to special order it sight unseen (other than the brochure) because nobody stocked a unit with the booth to look at. I did not want the table and chairs. It was in the way with the slides in. Also the table did not pull out far enough to actually seat 4 people.

The booth is very roomy. It also has 2 additional chairs and a leaf to install in the table. It seats 6.

We were told that nobody wants the booth, which I don't believe.

I don't see it in the brochure this year at all.
khogle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

I suggest you call Winnebago also and they should be able to help you for sure.

The other option would be to buy a 35P like I have and it comes with the booth which we like for the storage space as well as it makes a bed. Don't know if you need the extra 2 feet but we find this coach has all the amenities we need plus it is the correct length for any campground.

If you have any questions PM me,

Good luck!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Please let us know what they tell you.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

2014 Adventurer 37F

Hello and thanks for all of the information given! Unfortunately I was out of the country this whole week so I was not able to call Winnebago but I did send then an e-mail on this matter but I have not received a response, I will definitely call next week and see if I can get an answer. As for the 35P we did look at this model but my wife really wants the bath and half currently her mother lives with us and it would make it much easier when traveling if she has her bathroom and we have ours.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

We are considering stepping up to an Adventurer and if the 37f still had the booth we would switch in a heartbeat.
Thinking of taking a ride to LaMesa RV in Phoenix in the next week or so to check out the inventory....wonder if they have any camping sites?
Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We factory ordered our 37F with few small cabinetry additions. I am positive Winne will make anything anyone is willing to pay for. We too ordered the pop up TV and the smallish dining table. While it is true the coach passage is tight while underway and the table is cramped on the rare occasions we sat four, we love the layout. After our first 10,000 mile 6 month adventure we still marvel at our layout, and after seeing many more coaches on our trip we still absolutely love our 37f with the z package. On the few times we needed seating for more than 4 we used a picnic table and dined in the great outdoors.
WineLuvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
The other option would be to buy a 35P like I have and it comes with the booth which we like for the storage space as well as it makes a bed. Don't know if you need the extra 2 feet but we find this coach has all the amenities we need plus it is the correct length for any campground.
Tom, Tell me more about the 35P!!

We are really undecided between the 32H and the 35P.

khogle mentions: We were told that nobody wants the booth, which I don't believe.

Well . . . we happen to be one of those who consider a roomy comfortable booth and absolute essential! We spend a lot of time in our booth as a writing desk, computer desk, activity desk for the grandkids, etc.

Our intial attraction to the 32H was the somewhat larger booth, and a negative comment posted regarding the comfort of the smaller booth in the 35P.

For the two of us, the 32H would probably do fine, but we often camp together with 10 to 12 people, including 4 grandkids. The slideout booth with the extended table, looks like a really great idea; and the extended usefulness of the driver and passenger seats in the 35P looks an ideal rig for big family pow wows!

We really love the booth on our '99, but all rigs are not created equal. We recently checked out a Newmar with a booth so badly designed as to be totally useless. I am not a particularly big person, but I did not fit into the booth on the Newmar. The distance between the back-cushion and the table edge was only 14"!! My comfortable old Winnie is 18".

So . . . how do you feel about the comfort of the 35P dinnette booth? Are the seats comfortable, or do you feel like you are sliding forward onto the floor?

PS. Are there any problems or inconveniences in accessing the rig with the slides in, like a side-aisle Holiday Rambler I recently viewed, where you had to extend the slide to get to the bathroom ??
Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Hmmm...interesting observations on the booths vs sliding table and chairs. We have a old style booth opposite a sofa in our shorter coach, and together with the front seats swiveled around it makes a terrific conversation pit. Wouldn't trade it for nothin'.

I keep thinking we need (yeah, dumb, right?) a diesel so we were looking at the Tiffin Red they had at the campground where we were staying recently and they have reduced the booth size to be so small as to be practically worthless.

So I guess the logic is you keep designing it down and back to the point where "nobody wants those anymore". Right?? LOL

The table and chairs thing is fine, but frankly I think the booth is more useful. We've used both with having folks and sis with various coaches that had them. I'd rather just have a bigger booth. Placing and replacing the table is a PITA too - some of them are doing that with a big sectional and adding a table after the slides are out. Naw, just gimme a big booth.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Hi Stan<

You asked about the 35P RV, well we really like it and have been living it for almost 3 months now down here in AL.

First off the dining booth is great and the seats are comfortable and deep enough. The back cushion comes off and the storage underneath when the seat is raised is super. Most other companies use drawers under the booth seats which is a waste. If you have a big family or expect a few people for dinner then I would order the both with the extendable table and it comes with 2 folding chairs. The table portion of the booth is solid wood and doesn't have the normal post that holds it up but a new system which works very well and you don't have to worry about kicking the post.

There are a lot of amenities we like on this coach including the double door refrigerator with ice maker, the stackable washer and dryer, the king size sleep number bed and the storage underneath it. There is plenty of storage in the coach and the rest easy couch is very comfortable with it's calfskin leather. I usually fall asleep on it watching the news .

I would suggest you go to www.lichtsinn.com and click on new motorhomes, then click on class a gas and scroll down to adventurer 35p and watch the video. The other options that only Winnebago has which are really great is the Motroraide Heater which gives you hot water when running down the road without turning on the hot water heater. It also gives you heat. I would suggest you download their brochure and specs.

Lastly this is our 4th Winnebago and we are happy with it so far plus I'm still getting the bugs out of it. Go for it and lots of luck!

Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Steve,

Sorry I forgot there is no problem accessing the galley or the bathroom while slides are in. The only thing you can't access is the rear wardrobe and the dresser drawers due to the bed being in. We have lived in this one with the slides in for a whole day during a severe storm as I like to pull slides in when there is a a storm due to high winds.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
First off the dining booth is great and the seats are comfortable and deep enough. The back cushion comes off and the storage underneath when the seat is raised is super. Most other companies use drawers under the booth seats which is a waste. If you have a big family or expect a few people for dinner then I would order the both with the extendable table and it comes with 2 folding chairs. The table portion of the booth is solid wood and doesn't have the normal post that holds it up but a new system which works very well and you don't have to worry about kicking the post.
Hi Tom!

Thanks for the input. While the dinnette on the 32H is a little wider front-to-back, the usefullness of the extended table on the 35P, not the mention the increased functional usefulness of the passenger chair due to the extra slide out has really captured our imagination.

We have viewed the Lichtsinn videos along with just about anything we can find on the web. That's pretty much our only option this time of year, up in the land of ice, ice, snow and more ice!! Wow! What a convincing response to the global warming crowd: the worst winter we have had in over 20 years, where it seems that the temperature has been hovering around a steady -7F for the past three months, with no hope of relief in sight. So . . . even if our big local Winnebago dealer actually had these units in stock, sitting in these rigs at -7 doesn't sound like a totally fun experience.

Notwithstanding that the BIG RV show takes place this weekend, the units on display are primarily the stuff they couldn't peddle last autumn. The new rigs won't be arriving until April or May. So for the moment, we are confined to information-gathering mode at the moment; and we already have the option price sheet.

Quote:
There are a lot of amenities we like on this coach including the double door refrigerator with ice maker, the stackable washer and dryer, the king size sleep number bed and the storage underneath it. There is plenty of storage in the coach and the rest easy couch is very comfortable with it's calfskin leather. I usually fall asleep on it watching the news .
We have already checked off the big fridge along with the Rest Easy couch on our option sheet; although the washer and dryer seems almost as decadent as a TWO! bathroom motorhome!!! . I have my limits!

The other options that only Winnebago has which are really great is the Motoraide Heater which gives you hot water when running down the road without turning on the hot water heater. It also gives you heat. I would suggest you download their brochure and specs.

Lastly this is our 4th Winnebago and we are happy with it so far plus I'm still getting the bugs out of it. Go for it and lots of luck!

[/QUOTE]

Although we have been RVing for over forty years, this will only be our second Winnie, the first having most comfortably taken us to every corner of the continent over the past 15 years; but the time has come for our final fling, and the kids keep bugging us about when we are going to get a new rig, because they can't wait to get their hands on the old one and go RVing with us!

Anyway Tom, thanks ever so much for the input. It has been most helpful in weakening our resistance to get a new 35P in the next couple of months.

Regards
Stan
Old 03-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

We are headed to the RV show in Tucson, AZ this Thursday. Going to check out three MHs, the Itasca Suncruiser 37F, Allegro open road 36la and the Newmar Canyon star 3610.... And a 2012 WB adventurer 37f used....just might end buying one
Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
We are headed to the RV show in Tucson, AZ this Thursday. Going to check out three MHs, the Itasca Suncruiser 37F, Allegro open road 36la and the Newmar Canyon star 3610.... And a 2012 WB adventurer 37f used....just might end buying one
I love the Itasca Suncruiser 37F.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

35P

We've been in ours for 9 months. The first 5 on the road for 8000 miles. The last 4 on a site in Key West. No major problems but we did make several stops along the way for warranty work. New toilet, radio antenna, headlight pod, water in the storage compartments. The booth has the extension and the seats are fine and the extension and extra chairs store under the seat with lots of space left. Storage space is ample but there is only one basement area that is not under a slide. The awning also is very high and you need a stool or ladder to tighten the adjusters. Couch slides out into a bed but the padding is so thin we had to buy a foam mattress to make it sleepable. We got the pantry and it holds lots of food. The convection / microwave works well as a micro but sucks as an oven. We had them add an outlet next to the couch as there are none between the sink and the passenger seat. We are not techo geeks and the TV/DVD/Whatever else is in the cabinet is somewhat overwhelming. It seems to be way more complicated than necessary. The unit is roomy enough for 2 of us and we have had company (3) without too much trouble.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #19

We just traded our 12' Georgetown 378 triple slide for an Adventurer 37F WOW! The list of upgrades is way to long to list. The 14's do not have a booth but the electric reclining couch does make an extra bed if needed but for us it was the king bed and large bath and shower that did it. The full wall slide just blows open this RV. Going out on our first trip next weekend to give it a shakedown.
Ray and Cynthia..
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
We just traded our 12' Georgetown 378 triple slide for an Adventurer 37F WOW! The list of upgrades is way to long to list. The 14's do not have a booth but the electric reclining couch does make an extra bed if needed but for us it was the king bed and large bath and shower that did it. The full wall slide just blows open this RV. Going out on our first trip next weekend to give it a shakedown.
Ray and Cynthia..
Welcome to the forum.com and the Winnie forum in particular. Congrats on your new coach, too. Just a friendly reminder.....you should always level the coach BEFORE extending that huge FWS. FWIW, I've not found it necessary to keep the motor running while performing those two tasks, as my OM says, but it won't hurt the motor if you do follow that recommendation.

Tags
vent