Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #141
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Good to know you are happy with the change. I still need to see a 26he up close. I really liked the Flair and am trying g to get some reciewst on it.

Other than the handling have you had a y other issues with your 26he?
Most of my issues have been with the Schwintek/Lippert products. Part of my slide (Schwintek) mechanism had to be replaced, along with the power supply (motor) and return lines on my leveling jacks (Lippert).

When I first bought the motorhome, I had an issue with the water filling the onboard water tank when connected to city water. I think it was the valve (lever) that switches between city water and onboard water that was bad. I also had the electric steps replaced because of the motor.

John
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #142
Winnebago Master

Were your repairs made by the dealer?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #143
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Were your repairs made by the dealer?
Yes.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:34 AM   #144
Winnebago Camper

Anyone change the radio head unit? I want to put in a double DIN receiver with Mirror Link.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:09 AM   #145
Winnebago Camper

Anyone else but me have trouble with the A/C drain not working, and water dripping into the cabin?
Old 10-04-2015, 08:19 PM   #146
Winnebago Master

Mine clogged up while in SC this summer. We had to put buckets under the AC unit to catch the condensate coming out of it. After we got home I pulled the cover and found that there are two drain holes in the plastic condensate pan. Pain in the butt to get to had to take many screws out so I could push the cooling coil aside and vacuum the crud out of both drain holes. No problems since although I am going to get some condensate drain pan pills, mostly chlorine tablets that keep the crud down.
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #147
Winnebago Owner

Can anyone confirm that the House batteries are charging while the motor is running?

Since I had my unit, the alternator only charges the engine battery. Is this normal?
Old 11-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #148
Winnebago Camper

I cannot think of an RV that does not charge the house batteries while the motor is running
Old 11-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #149
Site Team

I would check, as my mechanic found that the factory made a mistake and was not charging the house batteries while on the road. He said it was easily fixed.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:29 AM   #150
Winnebago Owner

I will have the dealer investigate the failure once my MH comes out of hibernation. Thanks
Old 04-30-2017, 02:41 PM   #151
Winnebago Owner

I am sometimes having the ''Jack Down'' problem and after reading much on the subject, I opted for a simple cure: Twice a year, I lubricate the cylinders with some dry spray (silicone based or else) prior to retracting.
Rarely do I get the annoying alarm, but when I do, I stop, pull all the jacks down some and do the Auto-Retrack again.

About the sewer smell, I do get that when I drive to the next campsite after a few days of dry camping (no services). I wonder if I have the problem reported a while back about a bad vent connection or if it is just normal.

Now regarding the bent bar on the sliding windows... I just noticed that I have the same phenomena happening now. I hope this will be covered by my extended warranty.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #152
Site Team

Tricolor, I sometimes had a sewer smell if I had the cab fan off when driving. I think the pressure difference in the house and the vent when in motion caused it to be sucked inside sometimes. Keeping the dash fan on when driving increased the inside pressure and preventing the issue. However, I would also check the connections of the vents. Both the connections under the sink and also for the toilet. You can access in the bedroom by removing the vent on the bathroom wall. You will know right away if it's connected. I checked all of mine and they were perfect. Take care!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #153
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Tricolor, I sometimes had a sewer smell if I had the cab fan off when driving. I think the pressure difference in the house and the vent when in motion caused it to be sucked inside sometimes. Keeping the dash fan on when driving increased the inside pressure and preventing the issue. However, I would also check the connections of the vents. Both the connections under the sink and also for the toilet. You can access in the bedroom by removing the vent on the bathroom wall. You will know right away if it's connected. I checked all of mine and they were perfect. Take care!
I had the sewer smell issue. Turn out my black vent pipe was not properly connected/sealed to the black tank. Take a quick look by removing the bedroom vent located on the back side of the bathroom wall (like Al mentioned above).
Old 05-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #154
Winnebago Owner

I was told by the salesman that the trap was a vent, but I should have been curious and remove that trap to see what is behind!

Thank you both and see you on the other tread.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #155
Winnebago Owner

We bought our 2015 26HE new at LaMesa in Davis 3 years ago and for my wife and myself and our puppy it is a perfect rig. Sure it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that the bigger and MUCH more expensive units have, but it does have a lot of advantages. We just got back to CA from a three week 2500 mile trip to NM AZ NV, cleaned it and packed up again for a week in Big Sur. We had no trouble parking in any open campsite (most of the larger units could not have fit in) and navigated mountain roads with switchbacks that would have stopped longer wheelbase units. Storage was ample, we never even used the huge storage area under the bed.
When we first got it I saw saw dust coming out of the A/C vents and pulled all the vents and vacuumed all the shavings and saw dust from the holes they cut but never cleaned up from, it was all there. Also the slider wiring plug was not commented all the way in at the controller in the lower storage compartment causing irratic retraction. After fixing these few things that should have been caught in final assembly QC, we have had a pretty trouble free coach.
Due to the short wheelbase, it is a little wild in heavy gusts of wind.
It has been perfect for us and although the MSRP was 92K we got it for 69 new
Edbehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #156
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbehl View Post
We bought our 2015 26HE new at LaMesa in Davis 3 years ago and for my wife and myself and our puppy it is a perfect rig. Sure it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that the bigger and MUCH more expensive units have, but it does have a lot of advantages. We just got back to CA from a three week 2500 mile trip to NM AZ NV, cleaned it and packed up again for a week in Big Sur. We had no trouble parking in any open campsite (most of the larger units could not have fit in) and navigated mountain roads with switchbacks that would have stopped longer wheelbase units. Storage was ample, we never even used the huge storage area under the bed.
When we first got it I saw saw dust coming out of the A/C vents and pulled all the vents and vacuumed all the shavings and saw dust from the holes they cut but never cleaned up from, it was all there. Also the slider wiring plug was not commented all the way in at the controller in the lower storage compartment causing irratic retraction. After fixing these few things that should have been caught in final assembly QC, we have had a pretty trouble free coach.
Due to the short wheelbase, it is a little wild in heavy gusts of wind.
It has been perfect for us and although the MSRP was 92K we got it for 69 new
I am still happy with my 26HE, specially after all the improvement I did to its suspension. I did overcome the short wheelbase ratio issue with all the addons.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #157
Winnie-Wise

I agree... I am also happy with my 2013 26HE after all of the upgrades I did to the suspension and solar add-on. I like the size and flexibility it brings at 27 feet. MY only complaint is not having a couch. Next time...
Old 09-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #158
Winnebago Camper

Tricolor, what was your method of adding the 300lbs in the front? Was there improvement and if so, minor or drastic? Lastly, why 300? tks.
f53Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:06 AM   #159
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by f53Challenge View Post
Tricolor, what was your method of adding the 300lbs in the front? Was there improvement and if so, minor or drastic? Lastly, why 300? tks.
I estimated the total weight on the front axel versus it's capacity and figured the axel could accommodate another 500lbs. So I chose to stay under the limit.

The job was done by a professional. The block is bolted to the front crossmember, therefore removable.

The purpose was to reduce the harshness and stabilise the front… it worked to my satisfaction once combined to Sumo Maxim and CHF.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0913.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	170314   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0230.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	484.6 KB
ID:	170315  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0229.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	514.8 KB
ID:	170316  
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #160
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the info and pictures. What was the cost to have the weight added?
f53Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago