Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Vista 35F Full Wall Slide Noise

I know this topic has been covered many many times however with buying this Coach brand new having about a year now the full will slide sure seems to be naughty and moves a lot going down the road. It doesn't really open up just seems to be moving around and squeaking quite a bit. I've had it checked multiple times every time they say all okay.. I'm wondering if there are any other Vista owners who had this same issue and what have you done to take care of the squeaks with the slide right behind your head when its in driving down the road...
isalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2013 35b. I have a lot of squeaking coming from mine. It is annoying. Not sure what to do.
shortboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #3

have same unit and same noise found this u tube video from lippert on how to lube slide have not tried yet looks promising
spanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #4

forgot link

Old 06-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

great link

Awesome video! Thanks! Am ordering some CRC tonight...am also picking up some
talc powder for tge seals themselves..hopefully with both items that will do it....grrrr.., I actually had it loosen some on the way home..hit the in button when I got home and the motors spun up and slud in oike a qtr inch.., not sure if anyone has seen that. Thxs again for the vud!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I had noise coming from mine right above my head as you drive. The dealer went in and opened up the area a bit to allow it move without scraping against the sides making the noise.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #7

wow I wonder how they did that?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

They cut the opening just a tad bit more, simple mechanics, if the piece that is suppose to go inside of the other is exactly the same size as the opening it's going in, then decrease the area of the the inside piece or enlarge the area of the outside piece.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Whoa! I hope they dont want to do that to my ole besse' - my luck would be to large a hoel and that slide will be in the middle of the walkway instead of off to the side! I received the CRC from the swintek video above - waiting on the weather to cooperate a bit hten will give it a try - Also have my TALC powder ready to go for the seals stuffed in an old sock --- I feel pretty confident this will tkae care of it - if not maybe its time for a new one!! Oh wait this one is....
Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

WOW, I don't have that one yet. But what I do have is behind the panels above the passenger and drivers seat, yes, both sides, sounds like Rice Krispies behind the wall as you drive down the highway. Ok, more like a snap, crackle, and pop, like popcorn popping and the fire crackling, quite annoying. Dealer opened up drivers side already and found 2 screws used as shims he said. Said the issue was fixed. We'll see.

Yes , I agree with most here that the workmanship is quite lacking. And I thot Winn had a great relationship with the unions. I could go into more detail into my 14 initial issues and have 7 more with this past weekend. I am of the opinion the factory workers are under the gun to "get that order out the door by the drop dead date" because of the backlog of orders. This creates the inferior workmanship.

My ole 99 Adventurer was a work in progress too but like em both. I met a guy who just bought a 14 Chateau last weekend and was so disgusted with the workmanship, he was ready to get his old one back. So, I believe it is universal.

I'm out there to enjoy the good and I make the best of it.

Tags
slide