Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2023, 07:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Vista 26HE delaminating side wall

Hello gang,
I have a 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE. I love this coach and got it exactly the way I want it. So I do not wish to trade in the RV however I am wondering if anybody has any good ideas where to take it for reconditioning and updates. I would not mind taking it to Winnebago and have them look at it because I have only one problem with the RV. It is delamination of the passenger outside wall Right underneath the passenger side window. The delaminating is quite bad for such a good RV and the way Winnebago talks about it that should never happen. But it has and I took the RV to Campers inn but they said I would have to have the complete wall replaced so that is why I thought taking it to Winnebago would be best. What does everyone think concerning this!!!
Thanks Joe
Jski2364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

As I understand the building process, replacing the whole wall islikely what they will say. That likely puts it way out of practical.
The problem is that the wall is a sandwich of lots of layers and held together with adhesivewhich I'm sure they do in the factory while it is laid out so they can press it together.
Delam on sidewalls has always been spoken of as something of a killer when speaking to others about it.

But then I have never had the problem bad enoughto deal with the question on a personal level!!

My thoughts would be that it was casued by a leak around.under the window which was not caught soon enough.
Does that mean that one might drill holes in the sidewall and use the window as a space to get tools on it to press adhesive in well enough to hold?
How much space to fix and how much damage to the inner parts? Is the thin wood just under the first layer still okay or rotted and falling apart?

Lots more questions on things I do not know about!
Doing a search for info on how the walls are built might be a way to get more info?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote