Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2013 TOUR entry door

Hello,
I have a 2013 tour with an entry door that wont stay open unless were absolutely level. On top of the door by hinge side there looks to be some kind of black plastic or poly door stop/ catch that is cracked almost in half. I cant find it in the catalog, does anyone no what it's called?

Thank in advance!
Vinotour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sorry I don't know but mine will close with a slightly stronger breeze than normal. I use a large bungee cord to just wrap around the mirror to keep it open. That might do you until a solution is found.

I'll be following this thread. Thanks.

Oh, and also, call Winnebago with your serial number found on the tag next to the driver's seat and they should be able to give you the part number, then call Lichtsinn RV in Forest City and they should have the part.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the info. I'll let you know what I come up with!
Vinotour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:23 AM   #4
2014 Journey 36M

Check with PTL Engineering - they build the doors and sell parts like the hold open bracket.
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sorry I don't know but mine will close with a slightly stronger breeze than normal. I use a large bungee cord to just wrap around the mirror to keep it open. That might do you until a solution is found.

I'll be following this thread. Thanks.

Oh, and also, call Winnebago with your serial number found on the tag next to the driver's seat and they should be able to give you the part number, then call Lichtsinn RV in Forest City and they should have the part.

A little off topic, but what do you do to keep the wind from opening your door more than you want it. Sometimes the wind catches the door on my Journey and it scare she stuffin out of me worried it is going to break.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have a bungee wrapped around the outside passenger side mirror that I use to both keep the door fully open by looping it around the inside door handle OR in concert with another bungee inside the house hanging from the hand grip most all RVs have to assist us old folk in and out of the RV up the steps, that I loop around the inside door handle too.

But adjusting the length of either or both of the bungees I can set the door to whatever angle of open I care for. Spring, summer, or fall with or without wind. I usually have it bungeed wide open in spring and fall and just open wide enough for the cat to get in or out in summer while I'm running the AC.

The bungees are flat, fairly long, with plastic hooks.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Same bungees I use.

Also use those bugees in storage to keep my electrical cord off the ground. the plastic hook fits right into the slide out side cover and doesn't scratch the paint.'

Elevating all cords and hoses, even in campground keeps varmints and ants from climbing in.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 04:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Location: SD Resident; place in Green Valley AZ, and Mission TX
2013 TOUR entry door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotour View Post
Hello,
I have a 2013 tour with an entry door that wont stay open unless were absolutely level. On top of the door by hinge side there looks to be some kind of black plastic or poly door stop/ catch that is cracked almost in half. I cant find it in the catalog, does anyone no what it's called?

Thank in advance!

Check this website. https://integrityrvparts.com/product...ock-air-assist
I think the part you're looking for is called a wedge block. This Is for a Newmar, but I think it's the same. I had to replace mine a few years ago. Easy swap, but adjustment is not easy on the door frame roller. Good luck.
JoeCastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Check out "RV door friction hinges" on Amazon.
I got tired of the cheap thrills every time I opened the door on my 25B with it taking off in the wind or trying to re-close on us. They are supposed to hold the door in the spot you open it too in up to 25mph winds. They've been on about 3 months & so far so good. Wished I'd known about them when we got our rig 3 1/2 years ago.
paof6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door