Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Gordon, I do not have anything to trade and I know sometimes trades cloud the actual price. So what do you think a good price (w/o trade) would be on a 2013 Tour this time of year as the 2014's are about to come in.
Thanks
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

ravens2012

you might check with the person below on what they will do with their current inventory. i know on the one we ordered with them alond with David ordering one too, i could not find a price better than what they gave me. at least give Les a call and see what magic he can do.

Bob

Les and Lisa Johnson
New & Used RVs for Sale in Indianapolis Indiana | Motorhomes, Campers, Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels from Camping World RV Sales - Indianapolis - Camping World RV Sales - Indianapolis
303 Sheek Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46143
800.255.7670/317.881.7670
Les cell 317–775-1436
Les email: [email protected]
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #23

We have a 2013 TourQD and it is the best coach in the line up. To each his own, but the QD has the half bath, which the GD does not offer and when having guests...which we often do for a drop in coffee or chat, the half bath is great. Therefore, not having to make sure everything in the master bath is neat and put away. Also, if we have over night guests the half bath is theirs to use instead of schlepping into our bedroom to use the facilities.

We have owned 6 Winnebagos since 97 when we first started rv'ing. We have also bought all of them from our dealer in Ashland, VA. McGeorges Rolling Hills. I'm sure the fact that we are "frequent buyers" has earned us some points, but the service we get is A ONE They have taken care of every thing we have needed and on short notice if we are passing through the area. We decided from the start that buying from a local dealer was a win..win..situation when it comes to service. We live about 2 hrs from them and can do a day trip or they park us over night if we ask them to. I'm sure we could have saved some $$ by going out of state to another dealer, but we ordered this coach with everything we wanted on her so doing so with a dealer in our area just made sense. My DH always likes to say...did I get a good, or great deal? Maybe not, but I got a deal I can live with. And we got a coach that is wonderful.

The Tour QD is the most livable and comfortable coach we have ever owned. The kitchen is located in the center of the coach and has plenty of counter space and cabinets.

We are looking forward to some great trips this summer in an RV that more than meets ALL of our expectations.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Hope by the time this post comes in you are already a proud owner of your Tour or Ellipse. My wife and I own the 2012 Ellipse qd and we full time in it. Bought it new from Camping World after a big show in Florida. Price on door was marked at $289k!!!! Sticker was ($389k) soooo we
talked turkey and they threw in the best trade in price on my 2005 Fleetwood Providence.....so felt like with their National network, good sam affiliation, GMAC insurance and bumper to bumper warranty, we made the best deal with this dealer NETWORK.

You MUST get an extended warranty because the 12 mo manufacturer warranty goes by fast. And although we have had some coach issues, we found Winnebago factory service great. We even had them do some add ons.

Virtually every campground we travel in, we get looks and visitors telling us this is the most beautiful coach in the campground...naturally I tend to agree.....

My best advice is talk with several dealers and beat them up against each others best deals....tell them you are shopping their BEST offer to save time. The Good Sam add-ons that Camping World throws in on a coach purchase add some ongoing value for the STUFF you will be needing...

Good luck' hope to see you at the WIT rally in Iowa..(Winnebago owners reunion)
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

One thing I didn't focus on in my last post was quality of workmanship. Our TOUR, a year of service now, has only had one "punch list item". The rear camera quit working and Winnebago promptly shipped me a replacement. When you think of all the pieces and parts, this it truly amazing.. Hope you have similar success with your new unit.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
One thing I didn't focus on in my last post was quality of workmanship. Our TOUR, a year of service now, has only had one "punch list item". The rear camera quit working and Winnebago promptly shipped me a replacement. When you think of all the pieces and parts, this it truly amazing.. Hope you have similar success with your new unit.
Oh, that we could all be so blessed. Ours had the surgemaster source selector that wouldn't select (only the generator was able to provide power). It had to be replaced immediately.

Secondly - the powerlift bed motor sheared a gear the first time we put the bed up + (at absolutely NO additional cost to us severed in 2 one of the lines to the hardness controller (they had routed the wire to the pump through the wrong spot

Thirdly - our gas gauge wasn't working. A full tank of gas registered at a little more than 1/4 tank (how did that get overlooked by the guy who drove it to Indiana - a Winnie dealer rep). Technically, that was a FREIGHTLINER issue.

Fourthly, our check engine light kept coming on all the time. There was a bad "back pressure actuator" in the motor. This was TECHNICALLY a Cummins Issue and was repaired by the Cummins rep at the FREIGHTLINER dealer in Indianapolis also. (Stoops FREIGHTLINER in Indianapolis has a great service department).

So our initial punch list was a little longer.

We also had our shower come loose from the wall after about a month. Then the slide problem popped up in May.

Trim had been coming loose and just falling off sometimes. All on a coach that STILL is only 10 months old. So, while I hate to say it, sometimes attention ISN'T paid to details on the build line at Forest City. Having said all that - the Winnie service department IS EXCELLENT. We also, LOVE our 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42GD and its "growing pains" have been worth it.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Question for you wonderful Tour owners:

Can you use regular sheets on the bed? If it raises and lowers independently by side it doesn't seem as though you can use king size sheets... All feedback greatly appreciated.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post

Can you use regular sheets on the bed? If it raises and lowers independently by side it doesn't seem as though you can use king size sheets... All feedback greatly appreciated.
The whole head raises, not just half of it

Yes, regular king size sheets - we have the kind with a stretch band on each corner to assure they stay on

WARNING - don't lay on the bed while raising or lowering the head - the motor isn't strong enough to move the 100-300 lbs. of people laying on it - just the 40-50 lbs of air filled mattress and top of the bed frame
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post

My 2013 Tour bed does not raise and lower each side independently. King size sheets work just fine.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post

Oh, that we could all be so blessed. Ours had the surgemaster source selector that wouldn't select (only the generator was able to provide power). It had to be replaced immediately.

Secondly - the powerlift bed motor sheared a gear the first time we put the bed up + (at absolutely NO additional cost to us severed in 2 one of the lines to the hardness controller (they had routed the wire to the pump through the wrong spot

Thirdly - our gas gauge wasn't working. A full tank of gas registered at a little more than 1/4 tank (how did that get overlooked by the guy who drove it to Indiana - a Winnie dealer rep). Technically, that was a FREIGHTLINER issue.

Fourthly, our check engine light kept coming on all the time. There was a bad "back pressure actuator" in the motor. This was TECHNICALLY a Cummins Issue and was repaired by the Cummins rep at the FREIGHTLINER dealer in Indianapolis also. (Stoops FREIGHTLINER in Indianapolis has a great service department).

So our initial punch list was a little longer.

We also had our shower come loose from the wall after about a month. Then the slide problem popped up in May.

Trim had been coming loose and just falling off sometimes. All on a coach that STILL is only 10 months old. So, while I hate to say it, sometimes attention ISN'T paid to details on the build line at Forest City. Having said all that - the Winnie service department IS EXCELLENT. We also, LOVE our 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42GD and its "growing pains" have been worth it.
We have a 2012 Ellipse.....bought it brand new in June 2012, now have about 7,500 K miles on it. We had numerous problems to start... Very frustrating but we seemed to have most of those problems settled now. The coach drives really, really well and has excellent space and outstanding floorplan. I do agree that Winnie could pay more attention to their finish work and that there pre delivery inspections could be a lot more thorough for sure.

I have had to work on both interior bathroom doors and outside bay doors that clearly were hastily assembled and sent down the line without truly making sure they fitted properly and closed properly.

Having said all the above, it really is an outstanding coach but Winnie could make a better effort at DEMANDING THAT ITS EMPLOYEES TAKE PRIDE in their work before delivering units to dealers.
Largeandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to gordons1
Without a trade, I would think you should be able to get 26-27% discount off of the MRSP.
This is subject to: time of year (at the end of season, when dealers are motivated to clear inventories for next years model - discounts will be more generous. I know a Tiffin purchaser who bought a new Allegro Bus for 30% off on a new (but 2012 model) bus that was in the dealer's inventory 4 months after the 2013 models were out. High volume Dealers (like Lazydays) move a lot of inventory due to aggressive discounting. Suggestion: do your home work before buying!
gordons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordons1 View Post
High volume Dealers (like Lazydays) move a lot of inventory due to aggressive discounting. Suggestion: do your home work before buying!
I agree...However in our case, LD wanted $!5K more than what I was able to order a NEW coach to be built from Camping World and thus saved $15K. This despite that LD had 6 2013's on the lot and three of them from December of 2012 and the 2014 were announced.

I think LD moves a lot of coaches by selling what they offer in service. A place to stay, and food, for free while you wait for your coach to be fixed. While this is nice....we live in the coach and more than likely will not be in Florida. I also think they make themselves seem better in pricing then others as they talk about volume sales all the time. It is part of their sales pitch. Yet, $15K savings by making a phone call.

But I do agree with your buying thoughts for sure.
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote