Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
rdm
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Meridian 40u washer/dryer

What make of stackable is being used in the 2013 Meridian
What are other owner thoughts about the capacity and functionality of the units
We have not had washer dryer in our previous motorbikes.
Evelyn surprised me and said she thought we should order this coach with them
We are not full time but usually out 14 days on our trips
Thanks
Ray& Evelyn
rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The only downside to washer/dryer is the amount of space they take. They work great and we love ours but we are full timers and I hate laundromats. We have a Splendide combo unit and find it to be a perfect balance between space used and utility. You might ask yourselves the following questions:

1. How many times are you going to a commercial facility on a typical trip?
2. Do you see longer trips in your future?
3. How many people are you doing laundry for and might that change in the future?
4. If you have a washer/dryer would you cut down on the amount of clothes you carry?

If you are really on the fence about it, order the coach pre- plumbed and then decide down the road, after you have lived with the coach for awhile. I doubt that it would cost much more later.

Lastly, if DW had a gleam in her eye when she said she wanted the Washer/dryer, say "yes dear, the best is none to good dear" and shut up.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You will be sorry if you do not order them, the stacked units save time and money. We had a combo unit in the our last motor home and got tired of going to creepy dirty places to do laundry. Now we do all laundy in the MH. I would call us 1/2 timers.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
You will be sorry if you do not order them, the stacked units save time and money. We had a combo unit in the our last motor home and got tired of going to creepy dirty places to do laundry. Now we do all laundy in the MH. I would call us 1/2 timers.
What was your issue with the combo. We have the Splendide 2100 and have been very happy with it. In 6 years of full timing we have been to a laundromat one time when we had a big over stuffed comforter to do.

With just the 2 of us we do a load about 2-3 times a week.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

we realynlikenthe stacked unit in our 40u. had a combo in privious rv did not like it to mouch. the only problem is the pas slide has to be out to accses the washer drier which makes us stop to place ciothes from the washer to the drier
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Fla Tom,
Are you doing laundry while driving? Thats crazy!
Does it work ok?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomer
Fla Tom,
Are you doing laundry while driving? Thats crazy!
Does it work ok?
I was wondering the same thing, can the washer and dryer be used going down the road?
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Stackable washer/dryer works well for us. Usually we stay in the unit during warm months when we are wearing shorts and tee shirts. You can fit more of this type of clothing into the washer. The drier is used not only to dry washed clothing but also other items that get damp from a drizzle or a towel I took to the pool. They do take up what would be a real nice storage closet but stackable washer/dryer units as they say in 2012...is trending up.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We love our combo Splendide. I especially like the fact I can put in a load of clothes and don't have to do anything else until they are done. Get read for bed routine - take off clothes, put them in the combo, press start, pull them out in the morning, then put them on again. Rinse and repeat as they say!

Seriously, the combo feature is nice and cuts the room required in half. And yes, you can run it going down the road if you run the generator. I tried it once and it works but decided against it as a regular practice. I'm concerned about the potential for damage due to vehicle induced vibration and am not sure how the windstream might effect the dryer venting. Our slide covers the 1/2 the combo cabinet too so getting to it going down the road is not possible. I suppose that is another benefit of the combo unit if you want to run it while driving.

I will say that we are yet to figure out how to get a completely wrinkle free load out of the thing. But, as you can probably tell from the start of this post, my appearance while traveling is not a major concern!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

We have the Splendide stackable. I'm sure I will be replacing parts not too long down the road as Sharon uses it a lot. (At least for now, our 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter is with us at Amazon in KY).

Washer super quiet. Dryer 110 v ac, so drying time typically very long (you can select up to 170 minutes) I typically set it on 90 minutes, then set egg timer for 15 mins less. The timer alarm on the washer/dryer is not very loud.

We full-time and love the machines. Not sure if they changed for 2013, but we had the option of stackable set, or none.

As far as storage, we have plenty. Having too much can be a detriment, because as it expands, it will be filled.

I have run the units on our inverter going down the highway and it does fine. Just once to test them out. The inverter docs says not to run sustained hi loads
Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We have the stackable in our Tour. THe DW is not as happy with it as some on this subject because of the small size she would rather go to the laundramat and get it all done at once. We tend to use them as a laundry hamper and will dry an occasional towel or hand washed item. Since she does the laundry, I am easily swayed to her way of thinking!