Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Ok. Just wondering. I know another Clink!

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for all of the great replies and info guys!

One other quick question - I've read on other forums that the 2011 40' model (the 40CD) was nearly overloaded when leaving the factory, hence the reason that all Tours after 2011 had a tag axle.

I've been trying to find this information to no avail online. I guess in order to see what the weight of the coach loaded with cargo, fuel, and water I actually have to go get it weighed...correct?

-clink
clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Clink,
I have a 42E Meridian for sale if interested. I would be interested in what you are paying. You can PM me.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:21 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We have a '11 Journey 40U and love it. Similar but reversed floorplan of 42E for the first half of coach. Love the TV viewing location.

The Tour is a step up, but you probably will not be let down by just a Journey.

The tag axle will give bigger towing rating, tongue weight rating and rear weight carrying capacity. Longer coaches will rule out some campgrounds/sites.

The 13 probably has Blueray vs DVD. LED lights inside?

2 years younger is two years longer before some maintenance (tires, transmission, engine flush, etc.) and less chance some maintenance has been ignored.

Pick a floor plan, storage, colors you can live with and enjoy...
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:47 AM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

I think the advice so far has been excellent. The one thing that came to my mind when I read your question was the difference of a 40' vs 42' length. We are on our second coach having upgraded from a 36' to a 40' so we could full-time. Our older smaller coach just didn't have the necessary features to make full-timing desirable. However, we really like to stay at Corp of Eng parks and state parks to save money. Turns out that 40' tends to eliminate many of these possible sites because of our length. We just didn't have this issue when we were in our 36 footer. 40 ft also seems to be the longest length that many of the others will accept...so 42' would keep you out of even more parks. If you aren't planning on going "budget camping" then this probably isn't an issue for you.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Clink: If you haven't made a choice yet WEIGHT the 40'er. We have the 2012 40U and are right at gross weight on the rear axle, without being loaded for full timing. When loaded for a 2 week vacation I was 920 lbs. OVER rear axle gross.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Do either MHs have an Aqua Hot? It a great and high cost option.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all of the great posts here folks - great info and a big help. So we're leading toward the Tour at this point, mainly because the Journey was sold

In Tampa (and perhaps other places as well) used DPs are flying off of the lots.

In any case, we did a walkthrough of the Tour today and really liked the fit and finish, as well as all of the useful storage. We did like the L-shaped couch and TV position of the Journey, but its gone now so oh well. We still love the tour.

I was able to get some pics of the weight info for anyone else that might be interested. The CCC of the coach is 2980 lbs - which is the combined weight of passengers and cargo. So I think we should be good. I know this would be much higher on a Tag but this number would not include the towed vehicle, only the hitch. Water would take up 749lbs.

I have no idea how much other regular cargo takes up but does this all sound doable?
clink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey