Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013 Itasca Meridian 42E Nav unit (XSG2NA-X)

Our Itasca Meridian has the XSG2NA-X nav unit in the Infotainment center. It needs a nav update.

Has anyone done the nav update? Where do you purchase it and what's the ballpark cost for it?

TIA

Old 02-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Download the Naviextras toolbox and create an account at www.naviextras.com

It will ask you to insert your device ( SD card from unit).

Some updates are free. The last set I purchased was:

Premium points of interest (POI) for North America9.95 $Map of United States and Canada69.95 $3D pack - United States7.95 $Total cost:87.85 $
in Dec 2012
Old 03-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hmmm....got the SD card out. The Naviextras toolkit complains that it was removed while files were "open" and that updating it might corrupt the file system. Tried a couple of different options, but cannot figure out how to shut it down in such a way that it doesn't complain when the card is connected to the toolkit.

Looks like the latest map updates are from 2nd quarter 2013. Kind of disappointing they aren't issuing them more often.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I just use my Rand McNally RV7710. I may be lazy but it seems to be a lot easier than trying to figure out that thing in the radio.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Did you have unit powered on when you removed sd card? I've never gotten that message, but I remove it when powered off.

I would back it up first, before updating.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I did the first time. After I got the message, I went back to the camper, set the tilt to manual and ran it all the way out. Then turned off the ignition (killing the radio).

Still got the message. So I went back, put the SD card back in, turned it on (started normally). Then turned the radio itself off with the power button on the radio, and then shut everything down.

Still getting the error message.

Oddly, if I tell it to ignore this and continue, it tells me an OS update is required before I can do anything. It puts it on there, and tells me to go stick it back in the radio, and turn it on, let it load, and then turn it back off before proceeding. Did that. Brought the SD card back, and it doesn't recognize that the OS update has been applied, and wants to apply it again. I'm stuck in a loop here.

I'll be on the phone with Winnedbago and River Park in the morning for sure!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Update on this. I contacted River Park, they see the same error when attempting to update the device. Opened a ticket on line with the folks that run the NaviExtras.com site, and got some helpful info back.

There is a file called usage.chk that (on my device) may be found in the \igo\save\stats folder. Delete this file, and that error goes away.

So far so good.

Now my next question is has anyone successfully used the Naviextras toolkit to restore the backup of the SD card (the 3.3 GB card that comes with the unit) onto a larger SD card and been successful?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Riverpark infotainment removal idea?

My 7" infotainment system died. Riverpark sent me a replacement. I have tried everything to get the old one out. Called Riverpark, Winnebago and it seems no one knows how it was installed. FYI, I have removed the trim ring and the four small screws holding it to some sort of bracket. I was told there are some sort of clips holding it in but I cannot find them. I certainly do not want to take the dash apart. Assistance is appreciated if anyone has taken theirs out. thank you for your help.
mackspot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Mackspot1,

There is a support bracket that holds the back of the infotainment system from bouncing. You will have to take the dash apart for easy access to it.

Steve

Tags
itasca