Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013 Itasca Meridian 42E Drivers Seat problem

Hello, I just traded my Afla which we loved and bought a 2013 Itasca Merdiain 42E so new to this site. Hoping someone else has had this problem and can share how they fixed it. I am 6' tall and the drivers seat does not go back far enough. The side mirrors have the side view cameras built-in on top of the mirror and cuts some of the view out. I need to move the seat back more to see the mirror. The seat is adjusted as far back as it can go.

Mike
2013 Itasca Meridian 42E
zehrteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. I have moved your post here to the Winnebago Owners Forum from the WIT forum where club events are more commonly discussed.

I am 6'6" tall and do wish the seat in my Ellipse would go back a bit farther but the retracted slide prevents that. I don't have the issue with seeing the mirrors though. Do you have clearance behind your seat which would allow the seat to be remounted farther back? Maybe a call to Winnebago Customer Services would help you understand if you have any options. They're very helpful.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'm 6' 4" and don't have a problem although I too would like the seat to go back further. Have you tried moving the mirror/mirror arm as you should be able to move them so that you can see them better. They should be adjustable, they can be hard to move but they will move.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Rick and John for the help. The mirrors on the 2013 will adjust outword but that part is OK. Since the side view camera is now mounted on the top of the rear view mirror it takes some of the mirror away. I called the mirror manufacturer and was told the mirror head will not tilt forward to let me see farther behind the coach. I do have room to remount the seat further back but was hoping there is another way.

Mike
2013 Itasca Meridian 42E
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. I have moved your post here to the Winnebago Owners Forum from the WIT forum where club events are more commonly discussed.

I am 6'6" tall and do wish the seat in my Ellipse would go back a bit farther but the retracted slide prevents that. I don't have the issue with seeing the mirrors though. Do you have clearance behind your seat which would allow the seat to be remounted farther back? Maybe a call to Winnebago Customer Services would help you understand if you have any options. They're very helpful.

Best of luck.

Rick

Hello Rick

Calling Winnebago Customer Help Desk helped out a lot. They didn't know they had a problem yet. Several of the techs went and sat in some new 42E's and discovered they could not see to the rear of the coach as well. After some studying they came up with the idea of removing the mirror glass and rotating the bracket 90 degrees. It really worked and I can see fine now. I think they were going to do that with the new coachs from then on.

Mike
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Glad to hear that you resolved your problem. I would love to have more details on what the fix was -- which glass and which bracket, for example. And how is the glass removed?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
Glad to hear that you resolved your problem. I would love to have more details on what the fix was -- which glass and which bracket, for example. And how is the glass removed?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

You can call the Winnebago Customer help tech department. They were the ones that told me the fix and called the dealer that had my coach. They gave them the instructions what to do. I was told they rotated the mounting bracket on the glass mirror 90 degrees. It certainly fixed my problem

Mike
2013 Itasca Meridian 42E
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem with our Itasca Meridian 34b. At maximum adjustment, the side mirrors barely get the full view. This also limits the side cameras. I will call Winne tech and get a fix. Thanks for the info.
toothdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdk View Post
I have the same problem with our Itasca Meridian 34b. At maximum adjustment, the side mirrors barely get the full view. This also limits the side cameras. I will call Winne tech and get a fix. Thanks for the info.
toothdk,
Have you come up with a solution? We have the same issue with our 2013 34B, which has a Velvac Revolution mirror on the driver's side. Do you also have a Revolution? My conversations with reps from both Winnebago and Velvac have not been encouraging. Velvac rep said only way to correct problem is to remove the mirror's base from the side of the coach then re-mount it at a different tilt angle. Hopefully you have come up with an easier fix.
Floatsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Floatsflyer,
The fix is noted in post #5
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks dengraham. Velvac rep told me that was not possible, but always good to check things out for yourself. Will talk this solution over with dealer (who has our coach for warranty work).
Floatsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Floastsflyer,
I know about the Velvac people. They said I could not mount their Top Hats on these mirrors but I did. All you do is remove the camera with two bolts and fasten the Top Hat just like on the old mirrors. I can't believe they told me it was impossible to do. They said the screws could hit the wires but the screws are from the bottom. I guess they didn't really want me to do it in case they fell off.
Anyway, glad to know you are getting your other items fixed.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Our Meridian 34 is also in "time out" at the dealer for warranty work. A Phone call to Velvac techs said the mirrors absolutely could not be adjusted up and down, only horizontally. I believe we have different mirrors than the 42 mentioned before. The problem could be a safety hazard. The mirrors also extend past the housing in the current position, which allows debris to collect behind the opening. I will mention the #5 post to the tech at the dealership. Thanks for all the help.
toothdk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca