Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2012 Journey 36 M

Lichtsinn has 22 pictures of this new model on their web site now.

I really like the bed fore and aft and not sideways.

Now to convince my wife LOL
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That is a nice floor plan. One of the things we like best about our 36G is the north-south bed configuration. Even if you could not deploy the wardrobe slide, you can still use the bed. Also, access to the engine compartment is generally more easy with this configuration.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Just checked it out. Interesting design. That full wall slide ads to more space. But that is a funky dining setup?

No back rest facing the TV. Does that table fold in half?

Regards PAM04
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post
Just checked it out. Interesting design. That full wall slide ads to more space. But that is a funky dining setup?

No back rest facing the TV. Does that table fold in half?

Regards PAM04
There are several versions. One we saw at GNR had buffet style cabinet with table that extended. (two extra folding chairs in outside compartment) the other one at GNR had a booth type with one half of the booth sliding into the wall half and the table folded out. It was funky and IMHO looked cheap.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi Indy:

My sentiments exactly..
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have purchased the new 36M. Updated from a 2005 37' Holiday Rambler Ambassador. Love the larger Living Room/Kitchen with full wall with opposite living room slides. Residential refrigerator has a lot more room. Wife likes the convection/microwave and gas oven. Lots of other things we like. She also likes, and this what sold us, the added sink in the bedroom so the two of us can be getting ready at the same time. The one we bought does not have the washer/dryer we liked the storage better. It has four TV's with one on the outside. Didn't think I would ever use it. Wrong, I used it when I was outside cooking the last trip, watched the news while BBQ'ing. Grand kids loved it, used it like a drive-in movie.

I am not sure about the construction. I have had it in the shop for a bunch of reasons twice now. Some of them were the front door was misaligned and had to be taken off bent repainted etc, the bedroom door was never on its hinges, the generator water pump belt broke in the first hour of operation, the labeling for the TV unit is wrong so when setting for satellite in bedroom it actually is for outside etc. and other items I have fixed myself. The newest item that we have been waiting for, with the MH at a Winnebago authorized repair facility, is the Ideal Rest air bed. It won't hold pressure on one side. Have been waiting over two weeks for the replacement air chamber.

Have not been on a long trip with it yet but it seems to drive as well as my HR did. I have found that it does not shift to 6th unless it is at or above 60mph no matter whether the mode switch is on or off. I like to cruise at about 56-58mph. Can't do that with this one have to be at 60+ and rpm drops considerably so worth driving faster. Have to wait and see as it gets broke in.

One thing I would change,the radio speakers are up above the windshield behind the shades. They are are not easily heard while driving. Probably will have speakers added so they are down by front seats. Has anyone done this? Also the radio comes with camera and GPS. I wish the GPS was set up for RV travel as the new GPS units that have come out recently.

I will keep you updated as we break this in more. Overall we like it, question is will we grow to love it?
speaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

ours is on order, delivery mid October.
erstanfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Poulsbo RV in Kent has done a great job of fixing the problems even though they were not the selling dealer. We are on our first long trip with it from Seattle to Redding, CA and it is working well. Averaging 9.5 mpg with a lot of mountainous driving towing a Suzuki Grand Vitara. There is less power going over the mountains than my older 2005 HR. But I can live with that due to the much better mpg. It has a tendency to pull to the right so have to keep wheel turned to the left. Will get that addressed at a Freightliner shop when I get home.

All in all it is very comfortable to drive even in a 30+ mph quartering wind. The livability of the coach is fantastic.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Returned home and avg mileage was over 10.5 and I am told it should even get better as it breaks in. Only thing I wish I had was the element for outside temp. There is a selection for it in the electronic dash but says not installed. Plan to call Freightliner and see how much $ to install device. I am doing some winter driving it would be helpful to have.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We will do initial walk through, systems training and sign papers tonight. We will pick up the unit on Thursday morning and be spending the weekend at Port Hudson marina for the maiden voyage.
erstanfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Awesome. Have a safe and fun trip. Let us know how it went.

Tags
journey