Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2011 Tour QD Questions

Hello,
I had three things come up on my current trip and I was hoping to leverage some of the expertise on this site for help.

1. My center A/C is draining on the roof which leads me to think the drain is clogged. Has anybody cleaned the drain and how hard is it?

2. My driver mirror popped out on the drive, and the class is only held on by the heater wires? Where do I start in order to get the mirror mounted again?

3. I have the 450 Hp engine, but towing a Jeep Unlimited had me really struggling on some 7% grades. Is that to be expected? I was down to 4th gear and 45 - 50 mph on some inclines. I'm OK if that is normal, but want to make sure.

4. Has anybody tried running an HDMI cable from the satellite box to the main living area TV?

5. Any tricks to making the dryer more efficient? It takes forever to dry clothes.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

What make of dryer do you have? Is it vented or non vented?
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFDCapt View Post
What make of dryer do you have? Is it vented or non vented?
The dryer is the Ariston and yes it is vented.

Any help on any of the other questions would be appreciated too.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

See if I can help a little.
1. Sounds like stopped up drain for sure. Have to get on the roof and remove the shroud (3 screws if I remember correctly). You can see the drain line on the DS side on mine. Just disconnect and use canned air to blow thru it. Hold tight, don't let it get away. Also check the drain terminal at the other end. Mine had a duck bill on it that restricted it and clogged there.
2. My mirrors are glued on. See if you can see the attachment points.
3. Pretty normal for 7% grades. Keep rpms around 1700 at least and downshift to keep them up. Don't use cruise control. You can overheat if rpms get too low so watch your temp gauge on grades like that.
5. These dryers are 110v dryers unlike home so they take longer to dry a load. I do smaller loads to compensate for that. I dry towels separate from other stuff due knowing that will take forever.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Your AC issue could also be that the condensation pump could be bad. I have heard that they go bad. The speed up hill is normal. The dryer we find that 120 min drys most things towels take a little longer.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Crack a window in the bedroom (for air circulation) and the clothes will dry faster. The dryer blows air out, so you need incoming air to replace it..
Old 06-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutusiii View Post
Hello,
I had three things come up on my current trip and I was hoping to leverage some of the expertise on this site for help.

1. My center A/C is draining on the roof which leads me to think the drain is clogged. Has anybody cleaned the drain and how hard is it?

2. My driver mirror popped out on the drive, and the class is only held on by the heater wires? Where do I start in order to get the mirror mounted again?

3. I have the 450 Hp engine, but towing a Jeep Unlimited had me really struggling on some 7% grades. Is that to be expected? I was down to 4th gear and 45 - 50 mph on some inclines. I'm OK if that is normal, but want to make sure.

4. Has anybody tried running an HDMI cable from the satellite box to the main living area TV?

5. Any tricks to making the dryer more efficient? It takes forever to dry clothes.
Our 40U is the little sister to your rig.

Each A/C unit has a condensation pump in it. The drain tube terminates in the back of the coach near the tow package. Each has a plastic screen tube fitted into the end of the tub. Pull each of these out and clean them. If that doesn't fix your problem then pull the cover off the unit, remove the small cover on the left of the unit that has wires going into it and clean the pump out. Make certain you have the power to that unit off.

The dryer has a heating coil in it. When mine failed I found that one of the contacts in the connector to the coil had failed. If this is your problem you can simply cut and splice the wires back together. I used a wire nut to do the splice. Be certain to wind the wire around the rest of the bundle. I didn't and it rubbed on the drum, wore the insulation off and blue the "one shot" protector. If you are taller, younger and stronger than I am you can lift the dryer off the washer after removing the securing screws from the front, under the dress plate, and from the upper and lower side access panels. (My DW and I removed it with a little struggling.)

These .pdf files should help.

Rick Y
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trainman63X.pdf (394.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf TVM63X_Manual.pdf (386.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf TVM63XNA_Parts-2.pdf (390.2 KB, 36 views)