Originally Posted by Brutusiii
I had three things come up on my current trip and I was hoping to leverage some of the expertise on this site for help.
1. My center A/C is draining on the roof which leads me to think the drain is clogged. Has anybody cleaned the drain and how hard is it?
2. My driver mirror popped out on the drive, and the class is only held on by the heater wires? Where do I start in order to get the mirror mounted again?
3. I have the 450 Hp engine, but towing a Jeep Unlimited had me really struggling on some 7% grades. Is that to be expected? I was down to 4th gear and 45 - 50 mph on some inclines. I'm OK if that is normal, but want to make sure.
4. Has anybody tried running an HDMI cable from the satellite box to the main living area TV?
5. Any tricks to making the dryer more efficient? It takes forever to dry clothes.
Our 40U is the little sister to your rig.
Each A/C unit has a condensation pump in it. The drain tube terminates in the back of the coach near the tow package. Each has a plastic screen tube fitted into the end of the tub. Pull each of these out and clean them. If that doesn't fix your problem then pull the cover off the unit, remove the small cover on the left of the unit that has wires going into it and clean the pump out. Make certain you have the power to that unit off.
The dryer has a heating coil in it. When mine failed I found that one of the contacts in the connector to the coil had failed. If this is your problem you can simply cut and splice the wires back together. I used a wire nut to do the splice. Be certain to wind the wire around the rest of the bundle. I didn't and it rubbed on the drum, wore the insulation off and blue the "one shot" protector. If you are taller, younger and stronger than I am you can lift the dryer off the washer after removing the securing screws from the front, under the dress plate, and from the upper and lower side access panels. (My DW and I removed it with a little struggling.)
These .pdf files should help.