Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2011 Suncruiser Wind Noise

After doing a multitude of things to clear up a passenger side wind noise I was about to give up. Irv2 comes to my rescue. On the passengers window there are 4 water channel slots. I would have bet a pay check, if I got one anymore, that they couldn't be the source of such a loud noise. Applied a strip of vinyl tape over the slots and noise gone. I'm a happy camper, that noise was getting to me.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Those are weep holes and I believe there are supposed to be covers on them, at least there are on mine. I have a 2011 Winnebago Vista and 5 of mine are missing. Notified the dealer on Monday, still waiting for an answer as to when I can get the replacements.

Nick
2011 Vista 35F
hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson View Post
Those are weep holes and I believe there are supposed to be covers on them, at least there are on mine. I have a 2011 Winnebago Vista and 5 of mine are missing. Notified the dealer on Monday, still waiting for an answer as to when I can get the replacements.

Nick
2011 Vista 35F
If you cover them up how do they let water drain from the frame channel? I plan to remove the tape in case of rain as it only takes 5 min. to reinstall the tape.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We had the same problem with our new Sightseer . When the delivery man drove from Iowa her ran into a big rain storm and lost all the weep whole covers. The dealer had to order them I think 1.99 a pop. There are left side and right side.They had us cover them with black tape till the came in . The weep holes is for inside water not out side. The ones you get the most sound from are the ones right behind the mirrors. You can leave the ones clear up front open till they get them to you. The dealer ordered them then had them shipped to our house they just pop in.Ours where free but noticed the Winnebago invoice left in the box. Hope this helps.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have an '08 Sightseer and I'm trying to understand what you are referring to. Are these the weep holes below the pass. window? (I have never experienced wind noise from anywhere.) Also I'm confused about what you say are covers to these...why would there be covers? Just curious, as I said, I have never experienced any issues.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
After doing a multitude of things to clear up a passenger side wind noise....
Well, I guess some things never change. My 1990 Suncruiser has the same issue. Can't believe that, 21 years later, the issue is still there.....

Sheila
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I have an '08 Sightseer and I'm trying to understand what you are referring to. Are these the weep holes below the pass. window? (I have never experienced wind noise from anywhere.) Also I'm confused about what you say are covers to these...why would there be covers? Just curious, as I said, I have never experienced any issues.
Well they aren't actually holes they look more like slots. They run along the exterior bottom frame. I just know the wind noise was so bad that normal conversation couldn't take place if headed into a wind. Tape installed, noise gone.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If you call your dealer they should be able to order them or call Winnebago. The weep wholes are under the window and they are for inside steam inside your coach they let the water out from these wholes the one right behind your mirrors are the loudest ones .They just slide in and snap tight in the whole. You front windows will be the only ones that have them father down the coach they are not needed. The covers are so the air does not get into the wholes and cause all the wind noise.hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Installed the covers today with a dab of silicone to ensure that they stay on. Will ops check next week on trip to West Texas.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

For those who would like to order the covers from there dealer the part number for the right one is Winnebago part number174959-01-01a and the left one is 174959-02-01a. This is off the bags that I saved from when the dealer sent them to me . I keep them in case I need to order some in the future.hope this help.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Had the same problem with my 2011 Suncruiser. It was only missing one cover, but that was enough. Adding the replacement cover did not eliminate all the wind noise so I inserted a small piece of foam into the open end of the covers. That seemed to do the trick.
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
Installed the covers today with a dab of silicone to ensure that they stay on. Will ops check next week on trip to West Texas.
Noise gone. Much nicer driving now.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

www.sunshinecountryrv.com Has the weep hole covers $1.89 each
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suncruiser