Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2011 Sightseer 35J Electrical issue

Just had Gen switch over box replaced 4 months ago . Cranked up Gen today would not switch over again checked all breakers and gen breakers. So I cycled the chassy cut off and then Gen switched over put have no power in front of MH for TV and Other plugs in front all other 110 works ok only way to get power to front is to turn on 1000 Watt inverter then I have power till I turn it off. Any help on this

Thank You
Wyatt
Wyatt53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
two things to check...

your genny likely has two circuit breakers on the genny itself. check to be sure that neither is tripped.

and check to see if a GFCI inside the coach and/or inside a storage compartment has tripped.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The GFCI inside coach are reset and light on there not one on the plug in storage compartment. There is one on the 1000w inverter no light on not sure if sopose to have light on unless it powered up
Old 11-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
try resetting the GFCI on the inverter. there should be a reset button in the middle of the outlet. press it and the light should go on and your TV will work.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

There seems to be no power because you can not reset GFI unless you turn on inverter. If I remembr it did have 110 on outlet with inverter off. I have reset all breakers and checked all 12 volts breakers.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Wyatt53, check the wiring in the transfer switch box. Sounds like you may have a loose wire there. The transfer switch does not use 12VDC from the coach. It uses the power supplied by the shore power line or the generator.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I checked all the wiring in the transfer box everything is tight and I found to get the power to front plugs which I don't think is right but maybe somebody else can comment on this you have to power up the inverter reset plug then when I turn off inverter I have power to the front of coach
Old 11-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Wyatt53Is there any error showing at the inverter remote panel? What is the color of the status light with shore power connected and when not connected?
When connected to shore power or running the Gen (status light green) it does not make any difference whether the inverter is on or off the internal bypass should feed 110vac through the inverter.
When shore power is not connected and Gen not running (status light yellow) the inverter must be turned on at the remote to feed power.
If the GFI on the recept on the front of the inverter is tripped it will not pass power with or without shore power.
Don't understand "power up the inverter reset plug".
Old 11-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Wyatt53Is there any error showing at the inverter remote panel? What is the color of the status light with shore power connected and when not connected?
When connected to shore power or running the Gen (status light green) it does not make any difference whether the inverter is on or off the internal bypass should feed 110vac through the inverter.
When shore power is not connected and Gen not running (status light yellow) the inverter must be turned on at the remote to feed power.
If the GFI on the recept on the front of the inverter is tripped it will not pass power with or without shore power.
Don't understand "power up the inverter reset plug".
You have to turn on inverter to reset gfi it will not reset with just shore power are gen I called the mfg of inverter they told me to cut all power to coach and disconnect battery for one hr after one hour I cranked up gen had power to front receptacle shut it down hooked up shore power no power to front plugs had to turn on inverter and then reset gfi turned off inverter then I had power to front receptacle could not reset gfi till I turned on inverter
Old 11-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Wyatt53, When is the GFI on the front of the inverter tripping? Attached is a drawing of the recepts the inverter feeds. Unplug all of the devices plugged in and see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35J inverter feed.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	111821  
Old 11-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Wyatt53, When is the GFI on the front of the inverter tripping? Attached is a drawing of the recepts the inverter feeds. Unplug all of the devices plugged in and see what happens.
The only one is the inverter that trips
I going to unplug everything you n front tv , satellite and satellite dish and see if it will trip Thanks for the print
Old 11-20-2015, 07:51 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

There is usually a fusible link between your battery bank and your inverter. Check to make sure that isn't blown
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, sightseer