Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
This is my second winnebago, had 2 Keystones toy haulers,1 Tiffin allegro, and 1 Forest River Georgetowwn ,1 Winnebago Chieftan and by far the Winnebago 40cd is the best one out of all of them and the least issues.

Thanks I know these forums tend to have more problems posted than by those that are happy. We really do like everything about the layout on the 40cd and the extras like the 8.9 motor the hydronic heating which should be a lot nicer than the forced air furnace.

Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

It is super nice, has a few minor draw backs that could use tweeking, the biggest one is the switch panel inside the door, theres no lights to light it up in the dark, wish they made a sleep number bed that would fold for the king bed, but the pluses are to many. the bath and a half make it sweet anlong with the king size grey tanks.We got ours in july and have used it 9 weekends so far and got 5 more trips planned for the year.
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
It is super nice, has a few minor draw backs that could use tweeking, the biggest one is the switch panel inside the door, theres no lights to light it up in the dark, wish they made a sleep number bed that would fold for the king bed, but the pluses are to many. the bath and a half make it sweet anlong with the king size grey tanks.We got ours in july and have used it 9 weekends so far and got 5 more trips planned for the year.
Thanks Bad1032, while I know there's no perfect unit out there, I have to agree that the pluses on this coach definitely outway any of the drawbacks.

Trap
Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Traps90: You will eventually find a "home base" ie,. Arizona in the winter or somewhere else.
One last suggestion; I believe (rightfully or not) the sun and uv rays do more long term damage to a coach than anything else. Try to long term park under some sort of sun shade.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
Traps90: You will eventually find a "home base" ie,. Arizona in the winter or somewhere else.
One last suggestion; I believe (rightfully or not) the sun and uv rays do more long term damage to a coach than anything else. Try to long term park under some sort of sun shade.

Kerry
Thanks for the great advice, I also fiqure that if I'm smart I'll be waxing it at least 3 or 4 times a year, should have the time to mange that.

Trap