Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cool 2009 Journey Slide Locks

Full length slide on drivers side of my 34Y - when slide is retracted and the slide locks activated, the aft lock works OK (comes up and pushes against frame), but forward lock does not come up at all. Any thoughts before I try and find a dealer that is capable of troubleshooting and fixing this?

stik
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Don't lock it!
Wxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik
Full length slide on drivers side of my 34Y - when slide is retracted and the slide locks activated, the aft lock works OK (comes up and pushes against frame), but forward lock does not come up at all. Any thoughts before I try and find a dealer that is capable of troubleshooting and fixing this?

stik
Check the breakers. There are 12v circuit breakers for each set of slide locks on my 34y in the right rear most external compartment. Just had one trip last weekend and I couldn't lock the slide. One button press (once I found it) and I was good to go.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxman1 View Post
Don't lock it!
Thanks for the help . . .
Old 06-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
Check the breakers. There are 12v circuit breakers for each set of slide locks on my 34y in the right rear most external compartment. Just had one trip last weekend and I couldn't lock the slide. One button press (once I found it) and I was good to go.
Thanks, almost got excited, but all the breakers (didn't have a clue they were back there) are OK, gotta be the motor for the hook or the wiring.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
Thanks, almost got excited, but all the breakers (didn't have a clue they were back there) are OK, gotta be the motor for the hook or the wiring.
Sorry the easy solution didn't work for you

I got a little freaked out with ours. We were trying to get out of a campsite and already running late (normal for us). The large driver's side slide wouldn't lock. After about an hour of reading manuals and searching, I found those breakers. I made it a point this weekend to make sure I knew where all the breakers are.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Don't lock it!
I hope you didn't take that wrong, seriously I was told by a teck that I respect "don't lock the slides" It just leads to more problems, so ???
Wxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Talking

Quote:
I hope you didn't take that wrong, seriously I was told by a teck that I respect "don't lock the slides" It just leads to more problems, so ???
I didn't take it serious, I'm thinkin' you and I went to wise-"guy" school together.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

There is a micro-switch at the lock. It senses if the lock is opened or locked. It is VERY DelicateWhen we picked up our Journey it was broken. The lock itself was also broken. It took the tech two hours to get us rolling. All has been replaced but we are not using locks anymore. We haven't had a slide move on it's own in 11,000 miles, so far!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, slide