Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2008 Winnebago Vectra 40TD - $55400 ???

Hi. Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but we're new RV'ers looking to purchase our first MH. We're probably going to end up with a Class A and are strongly leaning toward a Winnebago. Looking around the last couple months on various RV websites (rvtraderonline.com, rvt.com, etc.) I've noticed a few deals that fall in the category of "too good to be true". We're expecting to get a good deal, but not in the range of the subject above. We noticed the '08 Vectra last week and have been assured by the private seller that there's nothing wrong. Of course I'm skeptical and if I do continue to pursue this lead, you can bet I'll get it checked out and then some! Anyway, has anyone else noticed any of these deals or had experience with something like this? Comments appreciated.
guymon.hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Just a reality comment - the list on that model is upwards of $300K, and a quick web search show most dealers asking around $225K or so. A couple used ones of that model at various dealers are running just north of $200K. Sooooo... 55K? I don't think so.

Heck, 2004 Vectras similar to mine are still going used for around 100K.

Anything's possible I guess, but its either the deal of the century or...
emiddleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

As they say, you can't cheat an honest man. Something wrong with this picture. I wouldn't even kick the tires.

Jack
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackm View Post
As they say, you can't cheat an honest man. Something wrong with this picture. I wouldn't even kick the tires.
Jack
No kidding! The seller ended up giving us a story about his wife being sick and needing to sell the MH to pay for surgery, and then after we indicated we were no longer interested, the seller came back and asked what model we were looking for and even offered to get us a good deal on our choice. Sounds fishy to me!
guymon.hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Read this post yesterday and thought what the heck. Sent an e-mail to him saying I would take the motorhome and he could have it delivered to me and I would have a certified check for his asking price and delivery. Well, you guessed it, never heard back from him. Scamaruni!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just had a friend go through the exact same thing on a 08 Newmar for 59K the guys wife had surgery etc etc. When my friend asked to see the coach the guy was out of town, needed to close the deal, big SCAM.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Anyone who knows the name of the person trying to sell motor homes at these prices needs to contact the local authorities ASAP. This sounds like a theft ring!