Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

the wife and I went and looked at the new ride.WE were not that impressed.ccc 2200
pep65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Mystery of the '08 Adventurer UFO <STRIKE>Solved</STRIKE>! Not Really!

So far, I've had no luck getting any info. on the new '08 Adventurer 39W UFO. Maybe it's just too new? Stopped by a local "renowned" Winnebago dealer who, not surprisingly, had no idea what I was talking about. Kept on thinking I was referring to the Destination, which they do not carry. They do, however, carry the Adventurer line.

The salesman said he could take my name and number, and they would contact the local factory rep. who he indicated "doesn't deal directly with the public." OK, wasn't really going to call him/her directly anyway. Oh, and basically, they'll contact the rep. when they get around to it! I guess that's why this dealer was named a past RVDA National "Dealer of the Year!"

Also, called the Winnebago factory and spoke to their sales dept., which appeared completely "stumped" by an Adventurer built on the WCC UFO chassis. I mean, the pauses on the phone were so long, I probably could have made myself a cup of coffee and no one would have noticed!

Would be funny if this turned out to be some kind of a joke! Take a Destination, slap on the Tour's Caps, and affix the Adventurer's nameplate! Sounds almost like something Google would do like their Free Broadband in a Toilet(Beta)!

Winnebago did indicate that a factory rep. will get back to me. So, at this point, still waiting and clueless. Which I guess is basically everyone!

Driver, hopefully, you'll have more luck! It's been an interesting day, good for a few laughs. An "Adventure" to say the least!
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I have checked a few Winnebago dealer sites and I see no mention of the coach

Since it is the beginning of April does anyone think this could relate to April Fools Day.

Guess we cannot get lucky and see a good layout on the UFO
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #24
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally posted by pep65:
the wife and I went and looked at the new ride.WE were not that impressed.ccc 2200
pep65, Yes maybe so but did you drive it?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Hmmm google will find a few Winnebago Adventurer Limited models mentioned at a few dealers. Both a 37GL and a 39WL.

I found the interior of the Destination/Latitude to be rather cheap. Unfinished interiors of a few cabinets, that sort of thing. I also thought the exteriors were rather ugly. This new model could fix both those things. (Unless it identical inside to a Destination, I haven't looked closely enough at the pictures.)

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally posted by depchief:
I have checked a few Winnebago dealer sites and I see no mention of the coach

Since it is the beginning of April does anyone think this could relate to April Fools Day.

Guess we cannot get lucky and see a good layout on the UFO
Hopefully, since pep65 looked at one, I think it would be safe to say it's real. A little frustrating in that I think Winnebago should better inform their staff of a new coach. Makes you wonder if 'anyone in the office got the memo?'

In my case, coming close to a self imposed deadline for purchasing a new coach. Would like to have it before this summer's FMCA convention in St. Paul, MN. A WCC UFO based coach is certainly a possibility, more so due to the seemingly ever widening gap between gas and diesel prices. But, may end up having to pass on this go around with the limited number of UFO offerings to date. A DP is looking more likely a possibility. My wallet is already hurting!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

I check with Lazy Days in Florida, Sales person called back tonight, they have one on the lot, but pictures and description not on the web site yet.

Give it a few days. Stock # 1006497

I will be in Florida next week and plan stop at LD and look it over.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally posted by depchief:
I check with Lazy Days in Florida, Sales person called back tonight, they have one on the lot, but pictures and description not on the web site yet.

Give it a few days. Stock # 1006497

I will be in Florida next week and plan stop at LD and look it over.
I think the Destination/Latitude line will be dropped in 2009 because of poor sales. Looks like the UFO chassis will move to the Sunruiser/Adventurer lineup.....IMHO

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>

A "limited" '08 Adventurer Limited UFO!

Well, I've been in contact with Winnebago factory rep. over the past few days, and have some new info. on the '08 Adventurer Limited. First, you should begin to see Winnebago's newest UFO chassis coach arriving at many more dealers shortly. I have four dealers receiving the Adventurer limited within just a few hundred miles of me.

Second, the '08 Adventurer Limited appears to be just that! A "limited run" coach built on the UFO 8.1L gas chassis. The Winnebago rep. indicated that they are not taking orders for this coach, so basically, the availability of this new Adventurer UFO is limited to dealer stock on hand. The rep. gave no indication that it will even be offered in the '09 model year.

That said, I'm assuming that nothing is etched in stone. Should there be a significant demand for this coach, it wouldn't make sense for Winnebago to ignore this demand for the Adventurer UFO!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Should there be a significant demand for this coach, it wouldn't make sense for Winnebago to ignore this demand for the Adventurer UFO
1. Adventurer is known for its quality.
2. UFO is what has been asked for.
3. Floorplans ????

So far 1 & 2 make it 2 out of 3. If WBO gets #3 right, IMO, it will be a big success.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Sorry for the delay in addressing this....

Explore America is absolutely correct, a limited run of the UFO was made for Adventurer, with the same floorplans as the Destination, but with a Tour front end and traditional cabinetry inside.

This is limited to late model 2008 as they are trying to utilize remaining UFO chassis that cannot have a 2 year spread between coach year and model year.

This Adventurer Limited will not be offered in 2009.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lichtsinn:
Sorry for the delay in addressing this....

Explore America is absolutely correct, a limited run of the UFO was made for Adventurer, with the same floorplans as the Destination, but with a Tour front end and traditional cabinetry inside.

This is limited to late model 2008 as they are trying to utilize remaining UFO chassis that cannot have a 2 year spread between coach year and model year.

This Adventurer Limited will not be offered in 2009.
Ron....slightly off topic but I've heard that your dealership "won't and doesn't carry any model on the UFO". Is this correct and WHY?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Actually we are an exclusive Workhorse dealer and I strongly encourage this over the Ford.

However, in the Destination, I am a strong believer in the Diesel, because the price spread is only $7,000 UFO vs Cummins and with the diesel you get significantly more torque and a full air ride.

Personally I think the UFO has a lot of merit but is simply overpriced.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

I looked at the '08 Adventurer Limited today,and it really looks good! With the Tour front end,and the normal cabinetry,as oposed to the rounded cabinets,I like it much better than the Destination I was also in today.If I could have gotten him to go for a 25% discount off the $162000 MSRP,he might have had a customer!
I wonder that with 70% of us telling Workhorse that we want gas pushers,that's why Workhorse came out with the new smaller UFO,and Winne is going to start building more coaches with the UFO's

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

As a former DP owner, I admit have failed to see the advantage of a gas pusher over diesel would be. I watched your comments with great interest. I was distressed when the FMCA mag had test driven a Winnebago UFO (forget model) and gas mileage was just under or just over 5 mpg. Especially with the Winnebago products, the price point is so close to the DP, why not just go the full monty and get the torque along with the Horsepower. Please let me know where my thinking is flawed as I am sure I am missing something.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #36
Winnie-Wise

Some like myself prefer gas over diesel just like I prefer Chevy's over Fords. It doesn't have to make sense, at least in my opinion.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Wayne.

Amazingly, that is an answer I understand!!

Richard
Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally posted by Whaler:
I looked at the '08 Adventurer Limited today,and it really looks good! With the Tour front end,and the normal cabinetry,as oposed to the rounded cabinets,I like it much better than the Destination I was also in today.If I could have gotten him to go for a 25% discount off the $162000 MSRP,he might have had a customer!
I wonder that with 70% of us telling Workhorse that we want gas pushers,that's why Workhorse came out with the new smaller UFO,and Winne is going to start building more coaches with the UFO's
Just curious, but what price did the dealer want for the Adventurer Limited? If you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #39
Winnebago Master

I looked at one at the dealers in Tuscon yeasterday. They had a 37 and a 39 and more that the the sales guy couldn't find. Much nicer and more of a quality coach than the Destinations I looked at. I still have problems getting rid of mine since it's paid for but the 39 is the one that I would go with. The only thing I didn't care for was the King bed and the corner shower seems small compared to the one I have now.
The sticker price was $166000. It had no satellite dish, no mud flap, and missing some other things that I feel are a "need to have"
Old 04-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Hi ExAm! He was at about 20% off,$130K for his unit,but I have a trade-in,which puts a fly in the ointment.This was a 37 foot unit.I have seen new 37' Destinations on Ebay for 125K,and elswhere for 119K,it seems that Winne has lifted the 'only MSRP' rule in print for UFO gas Destinations and Lattitudes.See General RV up in Michigan.There must be alot of UFO's on lots around the country.I do wish Driver whould let us in on the future of that smaller UFO at Winne.

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote