Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2008 Tour having a bad day

Friends, I’m exhausted and frustrated. I have a 2008 Tour, used but only 30k miles. Wanted to use central vacuum dirt devil system and it doesn’t work. The power outlet works fine. Then got stuck in a storm and had a leak. Used all the towels and the Mr. said hey, you can finally try out the washer/dryer combo. I just wanted to dry the towels. What? No power, won't even come on. Checked the outlet and it works fine. Have checked the breakers, all fine. What can I check next. I have read all the papers but nothing really addresses my issues. I did holes the start button to try and rest but of course nothin, it was just a try. Oh, one more problem. We have two additional fluorescent trim line lights in the galley area that didn’t work. THey were not listed on the wiring pictures. Called Winnebago to see which switch would activate them. He told us and it’s the lounge switch but they still don’t work. Have changed the bulbs too. Can’t find the ground wire.

Hence the title having a bad day. I love my RV but this is just too much stress.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldicker View Post
Friends, I’m exhausted and frustrated. I have a 2008 Tour, used but only 30k miles. Wanted to use central vacuum dirt devil system and it doesn’t work. The power outlet works fine. Then got stuck in a storm and had a leak. Used all the towels and the Mr. said hey, you can finally try out the washer/dryer combo. I just wanted to dry the towels. What? No power, won't even come on. Checked the outlet and it works fine. Have checked the breakers, all fine. What can I check next. I have read all the papers but nothing really addresses my issues. I did holes the start button to try and rest but of course nothin, it was just a try. Oh, one more problem. We have two additional fluorescent trim line lights in the galley area that didn’t work. THey were not listed on the wiring pictures. Called Winnebago to see which switch would activate them. He told us and it’s the lounge switch but they still don’t work. Have changed the bulbs too. Can’t find the ground wire.

Hence the title having a bad day. I love my RV but this is just too much stress.
What is your history with this RV? Just taking out of storage? New to you and first time you used it?
The vacuum may have a switch on the tube you insert the vacuum hose in to turn on the vacuum. May need to check that.
Is there an on/off switch on the light fixture? Do you have a blown 12V fuse blown for the lights? Find the 12V fuse panel and check. Do you have a multi meter to measure the voltage at the light fixture? 2 or 4 screws hold the light to the ceiling. Take it down to measure the voltage. The yellow wire should be +12V and the other wire is the ground. Not sure what you mean by "can't find the ground wire".
No really good help with the washer/dryer. If the is power to it there should be a light that comes on on the front when you push buttons.
Sounds like you were very frustrated when you were dealing with the problems. Try starting over from scratch and try to trouble shoot when you are more relaxed.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
Site Team

How about the basics? Are you plugged into "shore power"? Do you have your doorway coach power switch turned on? Have you checked for blown GFI circuits?

And like Al asked... is this the first time you've used this Tour RV?
Old 04-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies. I finally got the vacuum fixed. It was the relay assembly that needed replaced. We use the RV at least once a month. I failed to mention that a little mishap happpened last year when we plugged a 110 into a 220 and blew up the microwave. Thinking we blew up some other things too. The vacuum troubleshooting manual asked about a power surge outlet and once if that occurred then replace the. Relay. So what would go bad on the washer/dryer combo?Control panel,module board? Can’t find that answer in my research yet. As for the leaking,it appears the rain was blowing in under the slide cover because there is no hole or tear anywhere. We are going to run a new group wire for the lights so that should work. Referring to the coach switc by the door, can you explain what you are referring to there. I’m learning so much. Thanks
Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldicker View Post
Thanks for the replies. I failed to mention that a little mishap happened last year when we plugged a 110 into a 220 and blew up the microwave. Thinking we blew up some other things too.
That is a HUGE "failed to mention............"

I also think that is the root of all of your problems. Better have someone thoroughly check out all of your electrical.