Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2008 Meridian dash removal

I am trying to replace my voyager camera system and cannot figure out how to remove the front dash covering the monitor. It looks like it snaps on the upper dash but I don't want to break anything yanking on it. I did modestly pry on it a bit but could not locate the fasteners. I see a couple of screws on the upper dash. Anyone open one up before?
KatieVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If yours is like mine, there are a number of screws around the perimeter of the backside cover of the dash, #20 torx screw driver. Remove them and pop it off. that will give you access to the monitor, wiring and mounting from the back. Do a search on this site for the pictures I posted from my Voyager Rear View system replacement last winter.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I only saw a couple of screws on the top. When you say backside, what do you mean? Underneath the dash or or toward the windshield? Can you be more specific? I appreciate the help?
Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Look around the perimeter of the dash cover. Yes, on top and toward the windshield. You do not have to do anything underneath to get to the monitor. I do not remember the total number but it is at least nine or ten total. The front portion of the dash remains intact.

If you do not already have a #20 torx driver, I recommend you get one. Winnebago uses the #20 torx screw extensively.
US Gear UBS
Old 01-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. I will look more closely there.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I just returned from the garage where our RV is parked. There are SIX #20 Torx screws holding the rear instrument panel cover attached, one on the right side if you are sitting in the driver seat, about the same height as the top of the monitor. and FIVE around the perimeter at flat dash level toward the windshield. With those screws removed, you should be able to pop the cover off. Be careful because the speaker for the rear view camera is attached on the left side. There should be sufficient slack in those wires to allow you to put the cover out of the way so you can work at the monitor.
US Gear UBS
Old 01-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have just about everything loose except it is stuck at the corner where the gen start button is located. How do I get it free?
Old 01-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

http://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot.../PICT00102.JPG

Is your dash configured like mine? The Gen Start switch on mine is to the left of the monitor, no where near anything that might bind the rear instrument panel cover. Did you remove that screw to the right go the monitor. You can see it if you look closely.
US Gear UBS
Old 01-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well, with your help, I am finally making progress. The dash is open and the two front cameras are ready to go. I will finalize their attachment once the monitor is on so I can fine tune any adjustments. Tomorrow my brother and I will run the cable for the two rear cameras. Once we got the dahs open it was pretty straight forward.
I was really bummed to find they did not paint under the left front camera. the new camera has a smaller foot print and unprimed surface is exposed. I have to have a door painted on the coach, so I will have it touched up at the same time.

Attached are two pic, low quality in the darkness tonight, but you will get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150105_210556.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	82723   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150105_205634.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	82724  

Tags