Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2007 Voyage

hot water heater comes on but no hot water comes out
nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What tells you the WH is on? For LP gas, you flip a switch and usually a red light glows. But have you taken the outside cover off the WH and seen and heard flame?

If the water heats, but no water flow, make sure the valves to your winterizing by-pass are set correctly for use. Often a valve bridging the in and out lines should be turned off, (usually handle 90º from pipe direction) And valves going in and out of the WH tank should be open (parallel to pipe direction)

Caution, also make sure the tank is full of water by opening the pressure/temp relief valve in the outside compartment. Water should flow, then release the handle and allow it to snap closed to dislodge any sediments that could cause a slow leak. This will not bleed off the air pocket at the top of the tank to allow for expansion, the relief valve is lower than the tank top to create this needed air chamber in the tank.

If all valves are set correctly and still no water flow, it could be a stuck one way valve. These are generally located right where the pipe connects to the tank.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Make sure that the outdoor shower is turned off. You need to close the valve to the hose, not just turn off the hose.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

You get hot water on the Voyage one of three ways. Driver aid, heats while driving. Electric. Propane. If none of those get you hot water in the coach...you have a valve issue. Check your winterizing setting next to the hot water tank.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Another possibility are the check valves at the water heater. We have had them fail, and not let hot water through to faucets and shower.
PJStough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

paul were are the check valves the book does not show were it is a atwood 10 gal
Old 04-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
...If all valves are set correctly and still no water flow, it could be a stuck one way valve. These are generally located right where the pipe connects to the tank.
One way valves are another name for check valves.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Nitro, is this a new MH to you? Your info about yourself says Monaco.

I ask, because my Voyage has one of its water valves operate backwards from the painted markings around the valve. (If I am remembering correctly, mine had your symptoms.) When I checked the owners manual, I found that the previous owner had noted a correction in the manual.

Just a shot in the dark. Maybe the previous owner, in my case, had some work done in this area or some joker at Winnebago on his last day of work wanted to have some fun.
JoeSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:30 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

yes joe I own a Monaco I am helping out a friend it is used a 2007 thinks for the tip I am also going to clean the unit so he know to do it
Old 04-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSR View Post
Nitro, is this a new MH to you? Your info about yourself says Monaco.

I ask, because my Voyage has one of its water valves operate backwards from the painted markings around the valve. (If I am remembering correctly, mine had your symptoms.) When I checked the owners manual, I found that the previous owner had noted a correction in the manual.

Just a shot in the dark. Maybe the previous owner, in my case, had some work done in this area or some joker at Winnebago on his last day of work wanted to have some fun.
Good catch JoeSR.

I had the same problem without a noted correction in my manual. It drove me crazy until I figured it out. I relabeled the valve with a Magic Marker.

I think I am going to the RV today (if the Houston rain holds off). If so, I will take a photo or two and post later.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:29 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Here's a photo I took with my iPad this afternoon. My Voyage is a 2006, but I seriously doubt there is any difference.

This is Valve 1 (Winterization Valve) inside the water heater/water pump compartment. As you can see, the valve has two positions: "Normal Operation" and "Water Heater Bypass." The blue arrow shows the position the valve needs to be in for you to get hot water - exactly opposite of the labels!

I hope this helps.

Don
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

think you all will look at it Friday they will be here for three days
Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

thinks all of you it was the check valve the spring was broke

Tags