Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Is anyone else having problems with the bottom seal on the living room slide out tearing? It was torn on delivery (new), repaired. Torn again about 6 months later, repaired at Forest City. Torn again about 7 moths later, dealer repaired and just (last month) tore again. I replaced with repair part from Winnebago and used 1/16 x 1 1/2 Aluminum strip as a back up to hold it on. All tears were in approximatly the same position. I could find no sharp edges or pinch points. I'm concerned if this is a significant problem with other Sightseer owners.

Frank

Love the Sightseer. Thanks, this is my first posting, hope I did it OK.
Frank111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Is anyone else having problems with the bottom seal on the living room slide out tearing? It was torn on delivery (new), repaired. Torn again about 6 months later, repaired at Forest City. Torn again about 7 moths later, dealer repaired and just (last month) tore again. I replaced with repair part from Winnebago and used 1/16 x 1 1/2 Aluminum strip as a back up to hold it on. All tears were in approximatly the same position. I could find no sharp edges or pinch points. I'm concerned if this is a significant problem with other Sightseer owners.

Frank

Love the Sightseer. Thanks, this is my first posting, hope I did it OK.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have 2006 35N Sightseer. I've notice a couple of tears in the rubber seal. I just re-attached with truss head screws. Next summer I plan to try a full replacement with the rubber seal for the bottom of an overhead garage door.

Did you think that the aluminum backer plate helped?
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

laplatarosa
I think it will help, I think it will distribute the stress of the seal bending over a wider area than just the 28 screws with 2" fender washers that were installed by the dealer the last time they fixed it and a heck of a lot better than the 50 staples that Winnebago used for the original installation.

Frank
Old 11-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Yep samething happend on our 38 G but Rick Glover one of the Super Techs fixed it the way it should have been installed... The New England or North East Winnebago Rep was supposed to look at it especially were it was tearing on the ends of the slide. Well we waited for a year before we left the area... no call, no interest by the BUILDER!
Winnebago could care less they got their money!
Like the shop foreman said, "hey it's on the bottom shouldn't be a problem" Nice!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Frank111

Thanks for the reply. I'll try the backer plate when I get around to fixing mine.
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Had the same problem on 05 sightseer. Winny stapling it on is a joke. Never did fix mine.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote