Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Does anyone know how to remove the wood frame around the front TV. I have a noise coming from that area thats driving me buggy. I thought if I could see how the TV is secured, maybe I can insulate the bracket holding the TV in place.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Does anyone know how to remove the wood frame around the front TV. I have a noise coming from that area thats driving me buggy. I thought if I could see how the TV is secured, maybe I can insulate the bracket holding the TV in place.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sammie:

I can tell you how I removed my front TV but not sure the set up is the same in your Journey.

The wood frame and the plastic 'bottom' to the TV enclosure are attached together. I had to remove all the screws on the bottom of the plastic shroud. Just inside the overhead compartment doors there were screws (about 4 on each side) through the frame and into the TV frame. Once those were removed, wood frame and plastic bottom came off (I had to remove the VCR and A-V switch box to get to the screws on that side).
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks smlranger. I kinda figured it wasn't going to be easy. I had to do about the same thing on my 2000 Adventurer when the TV clamp was rubbing against the TV and squeaking while driving down the road. I guess when you get older its the small things that drive you nuts.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The RCA TV that came in our rig quit working and we replaced it with a Sharp. I added some foam under the new TV and under the clamp (strap) at the top of the TV and it is absolutely quiet.

Now I do have a squeak near the passenger chair that is driving us crazy....think it is in the shoulder belt mechanism on the wall but haven't been able to get it fixed yet.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

On my '03 Ultimate, there are three wood plugs on the outside sides on each side. There are screws under only the top and bottom plug, going straight in toward the TV in to the metal frame behind the wood frame. With the four screws out, the wood frame around the front comes off and you can get you hands in beside and above the TV.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 06 journey and had a noise in my tv. you have to take all the screws out of the plastic piece under the tv and there is 2 screws going in towards the tv from the cabinets on each side of the tv. I had it apart several time's and finally used some wooden wedges to shut it up good luck
Boilermkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Sammie ...

We have a 2004 Journey ... you follow exactly the same procedure as smrangler described to remove the cover for our front TV ...

Our front TV rattled like crazy on our inspection drive ... I watched while the RV technician removed the cover and tightened the band over the top (it must have been break time in Forest City when they were installing my TV because the strap was so loose it was flapping too)
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Just finished removing the TV. It wasn't as bad as I had thought. The hardest part was probably sitting on the dash while trying to look through my bifocals to take out the few screws holding up the plastic bottom. Now with the TV on the floor I will cement some carpet or foam onto the TV where the hold down bracket is rubbing and reinstall. Also there are alot of coax cables and wires that need to be tied up out of the way so they don't rattle. Thanks all. My dad used to say that a job begun is half done. I will put it all back together tomorrow and test drive.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The hardest part was probably sitting on the dash while trying to look through my bifocals to take out the few screws </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ha!! Been there, done that ...I've learned to just take the glasses off when I get to really close work like that. I can see better without 'em in really close quarters!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I am wondering now that you have the tv out, why not put in a high difinition tv and get ready for the new broadcast? We have a 03 Horizon and are considering this even though the RCA is still working fine. The newer sets are lighter weight also.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Actually I am in the process of looking at LCD TV's. I have found that a Sony 26 inch should fit in the original TV cabinet without much modification. I will just have to build some brackets to hold it.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

What model of Sony TV are you looking at?

Let us know how the re-intall goes.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

It's a Sony Model # KDL-26S2010. Bought it at Circuit City for $999.00 plus a wall bracket for another $100.00. I will be installing it this weekend and doesn't appear to be that hard. I will try to post pictures if I can figure out how to do it. My skills are more mechanical than technical. There is also a 26 inch made by Polaroid that looks like it would fit although the clearenses are a little tighter.