Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2006 Journey headlights

I have a 2006 Journey and I would like to install new headlights. My question is, does anyone know what headlight is used on the Journey ? I've been told that it is a GM product used on an automobile . Any suggestions ? also , are the lights a sealed unit or does it come apart? Thanks for any help i can get.
floridabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridabob View Post
I have a 2006 Journey and I would like to install new headlights. My question is, does anyone know what headlight is used on the Journey ? I've been told that it is a GM product used on an automobile . Any suggestions ? also , are the lights a sealed unit or does it come apart? Thanks for any help i can get.
When we replaced ours, not for any other reason than at night, I couldn’t even tell if they were on or off, I simply unplugged one, and got the bulb size, then I ordered new low and high LED bulbs from M4. Amazing difference, and they’re plug n play. Took me maybe 20 minutes, including zip tying the leads clean.

Hope this helps...

https://m4products.com/headlamps/
Old 08-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
When we replaced ours, not for any other reason than at night, I couldn’t even tell if they were on or off, I simply unplugged one, and got the bulb size, then I ordered new low and high LED bulbs from M4. Amazing difference, and they’re plug n play. Took me maybe 20 minutes, including zip tying the leads clean.

Hope this helps...

https://m4products.com/headlamps/
took you 20 minutes' you dont have a 2006 journey head lights come from a pontiac check ebay the have them
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

As for replacement do a search there a bitch to change.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Set-He...Make%3APontiac
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #6
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataska View Post
took you 20 minutes' you dont have a 2006 journey head lights come from a pontiac check ebay the have them
IDK, a Journey in detail, but I did perform a cursory search on the net, to see which type of rig that was. Looked to be just another class A RV.

Find the bulb type, find the replacement bulb. Should be easy...
Old 08-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

journey headlights

Thanks for the advice, If you own a Journey you know that it is impossible to get to the headlights, especially the drivers side. early on , i was at winnabago factory and they removed the front end to work on the lights.
floridabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:19 AM   #8
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, If you own a Journey you know that it is impossible to get to the headlights, especially the drivers side. early on , i was at winnabago factory and they removed the front end to work on the lights.
Bummer...
Old 08-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Who ever that was , he was taken advantage of big time ,
Here is a tread on how it's done .
I came in at the end .
Once again it's not a job that everyone can do .
Most of all it depends on the size and agility of who's doing the job. .

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/jou...-428884-3.html
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2007 Journey that I had to replace the headlight housing's on and the headlight assemblies are from 96 to 98 Pontiac Grand Am. I purchased my housings from Amazon that were specifically for a Journey for $120 each but after the purchase discovered that they were Pontiac housings and they were available for less than 1/2 the cost
I replaced all bulbs with LED when the new housings went in and I definitely recommend removing the front nose cover as it took about 8 hours for each side and a whole lot of cussing to replace the housings with the front fiberglass in place good luck and don't allow small children to be around while doing the project as they will pick up some new vocabulary
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Anyone have some tips on removing the front panel on a 2007 Journey? I would like to upgrade my headlamps too.
buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I agree the bulbs were tough to get out and back In my 2006 journey. Be careful about buying certain bulbs that are longer than the standard bulbs...
jabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, light, lights