Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Here are a list of Differences between the 2 models as we've discussed before. There are a lot more than meets the eye

1) On the front of the Horizon, there is a piece of Brushed Stainless Steel trim on the lower fiberglass, none on the Vectra.

2) The turn signals on the Vectra are mounted on the arm under the mirrors. The Horizon uses the integrated turn signals "in" the mirror.

3) Standard Polished Stainless steel mud guard w/logo on the Horizon, Vectra is optional brushed metal w/logo.

4) Standard lighted acrylic handle with logo on Horizon, Vectra has lighted acrylic handle only, no logo.

5) Horizon has a logo'd screen door kick plate, the vectra does not.

6) Sleep number bed is standard on Horizon, optional on Vectra

5) Horizon has rear bedroom stereo system, Vectra is optional

6) Horizon has Cedar lined wardrobe, Vectra has "decorative Paneling"

7) When washer/dryer is NOT chosen, Horizon has pull out drawers inside door opening (similar to kitchen slide out pots & pans drawers), Vectra has non-sliding shelves.

8) Bedroom has a hardwood chair rail, Vectra does not.

9) Horizon has "Rain Like" shower glass door, Vectra has "Textured Glass"

10) Horizon has standard hand-held shower head with slide bar and a seat, Vectra is optional.

11) Horizon has a granite like colored shower surround (mine is a greyish tan). The Vectra has a white surround.

12) Horizon has a Moen Dual control faucet (I assume it is the sink faucet), the Vectra has a single control.

13) The Horizon's Sink has a built in soap dispenser, Vectra does not.

14) The Horizon's fantastic fan units have rain sensors built in, the Vectra does not.

15) The Horizon's fantastic fans also have inside roof shades (Blocks out the light and un-sightlyness), Vectra does not.

16) Horizon has the Thetford "Aria Classic" toilet, Vectra has the Thetford "Style Plus"

17) Horizon has stainless steel appliances, Vectra is optional.

18) Horizon has Moen Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink, Vectra has solid surface sink.

19) Horizon has 12 x 12 tile pattern in "PinWheel" pattern with integrated 6x6 tiles to create pattern, Vectra has straight 12 x 12 tiles

20) If the Dinette is ordered on the Horizon, you get ultra leather, on the Vectra it is Fabric.

21) There is a kitchen utility cabinet (I'm ot sure where though, I'd have to look side by side at the two) in the Horizon, there is not one in the Vectra.

22) Cabinet doors are raised panel with arch in Horizon, they are square raised panel in Vectra.

23) My personal favorite, the shelves are professionally LINED with a corduroy type fabric in the Horizon, un-lined in the Vectra.

24) Ultraleather is optional but available in the Horizon, not available in the Vectra.

25) Ultraleather cab seats with logo in Horizon (although I don't see a logo in my seats), Optional leather without logo in Vectra.

26) Standard 6-way power assisted drivers and passengers seats with INTEGRATED seat belts, Optional 6-way power seats with 3-point shoulder harness tied to coach wall. Because shoulder belt is intgrated in the seat, the manual footrest is deleted in the Horizon (apparently a law).

27) Last but not least, there is a decorative wrap around cover for the front curtain in the Horizon which apparently is not in the Vectra.

Perhaps Bob, you can shed some light from the Vectra point of view to determine if these are in fact all true. I believe they are, having seen some of these differences first hand, but not all of them.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Here are a list of Differences between the 2 models as we've discussed before. There are a lot more than meets the eye

1) On the front of the Horizon, there is a piece of Brushed Stainless Steel trim on the lower fiberglass, none on the Vectra.

2) The turn signals on the Vectra are mounted on the arm under the mirrors. The Horizon uses the integrated turn signals "in" the mirror.

3) Standard Polished Stainless steel mud guard w/logo on the Horizon, Vectra is optional brushed metal w/logo.

4) Standard lighted acrylic handle with logo on Horizon, Vectra has lighted acrylic handle only, no logo.

5) Horizon has a logo'd screen door kick plate, the vectra does not.

6) Sleep number bed is standard on Horizon, optional on Vectra

5) Horizon has rear bedroom stereo system, Vectra is optional

6) Horizon has Cedar lined wardrobe, Vectra has "decorative Paneling"

7) When washer/dryer is NOT chosen, Horizon has pull out drawers inside door opening (similar to kitchen slide out pots & pans drawers), Vectra has non-sliding shelves.

8) Bedroom has a hardwood chair rail, Vectra does not.

9) Horizon has "Rain Like" shower glass door, Vectra has "Textured Glass"

10) Horizon has standard hand-held shower head with slide bar and a seat, Vectra is optional.

11) Horizon has a granite like colored shower surround (mine is a greyish tan). The Vectra has a white surround.

12) Horizon has a Moen Dual control faucet (I assume it is the sink faucet), the Vectra has a single control.

13) The Horizon's Sink has a built in soap dispenser, Vectra does not.

14) The Horizon's fantastic fan units have rain sensors built in, the Vectra does not.

15) The Horizon's fantastic fans also have inside roof shades (Blocks out the light and un-sightlyness), Vectra does not.

16) Horizon has the Thetford "Aria Classic" toilet, Vectra has the Thetford "Style Plus"

17) Horizon has stainless steel appliances, Vectra is optional.

18) Horizon has Moen Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink, Vectra has solid surface sink.

19) Horizon has 12 x 12 tile pattern in "PinWheel" pattern with integrated 6x6 tiles to create pattern, Vectra has straight 12 x 12 tiles

20) If the Dinette is ordered on the Horizon, you get ultra leather, on the Vectra it is Fabric.

21) There is a kitchen utility cabinet (I'm ot sure where though, I'd have to look side by side at the two) in the Horizon, there is not one in the Vectra.

22) Cabinet doors are raised panel with arch in Horizon, they are square raised panel in Vectra.

23) My personal favorite, the shelves are professionally LINED with a corduroy type fabric in the Horizon, un-lined in the Vectra.

24) Ultraleather is optional but available in the Horizon, not available in the Vectra.

25) Ultraleather cab seats with logo in Horizon (although I don't see a logo in my seats), Optional leather without logo in Vectra.

26) Standard 6-way power assisted drivers and passengers seats with INTEGRATED seat belts, Optional 6-way power seats with 3-point shoulder harness tied to coach wall. Because shoulder belt is intgrated in the seat, the manual footrest is deleted in the Horizon (apparently a law).

27) Last but not least, there is a decorative wrap around cover for the front curtain in the Horizon which apparently is not in the Vectra.

Perhaps Bob, you can shed some light from the Vectra point of view to determine if these are in fact all true. I believe they are, having seen some of these differences first hand, but not all of them.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 03-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are apparently some year-to-year differences as well. Our rear mirrors have the turn signal under the mirror. I think we could upgrade the mirror assembly (from Velvac) to have the in-mirror directionals.

On our front seats, we have a stitched Horizon logo in the headrest and the co-pilot chair has a manual footrest. Both seats came with 6-way power adjust.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Trace...Having just braved the frigid temps here this evening in Virginia Beach to go out and verify your list,I will address what I found on my coach....If I don't address it,it's as your list indicates...

2. My turn signals are integrated IN the mirror glass.
7. I have Splendide....no clue!
12. I have ALL single handle Moen...
13. Water filter faucet at kit sink,no soap.
16. It's a toilet and it fits...
21. Will have to talk to ya on this one...??
23. I have denim....kidding!!!
26. NOT integrated...

Thinking of ALL the options I PAID for to make my Vectra an "almost" Horizon gives me a headache!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

When they "Integrated" the seatbelt into the seat itself, they claimed it was a "legal" move to take out the manual footrest. Apparently, if you are in a wreck, the seatbelt is holding you back at a different angle than a standard version that is affixed to the sidewall. We adapted to this (having had an electric footrest before), by taking the footrest for the Euro-chair and placing it in front of the seat. Problem solved.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 03-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Tracey,here's the left side of my kitchen sink cabinets....right side next pic.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Is this HUGE thing in the first pic what you describe in #21?

Old 03-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Trace...Having just braved the frigid temps here this evening in Virginia Beach to go out and verify your list,I will address what I found on my coach....If I don't address it,it's as your list indicates...

2. My turn signals are integrated IN the mirror glass.
7. I have Splendide....no clue!
12. I have ALL single handle Moen...
13. Water filter faucet at kit sink,no soap.
16. It's a toilet and it fits...
21. Will have to talk to ya on this one...??
23. I have denim....kidding!!!
26. NOT integrated...

Thinking of ALL the options I PAID for to make my Vectra an "almost" Horizon gives me a headache! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your comments are cracking me up Our bathroom sink faucet is a 2 handle job. The toilet is elongated (which is all I cared about), The soap dispensor is at the bathroom sink, none in the kitchen. For what it is worth, the lined shelves are definitely a bonus. We did this ourselves previously, now, its on there nice and neat with a fabric instead of that shelving material.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 03-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

I'd have loved to have had the shelf lining too...After enduring my sense of "particular-ness" (read...anal!!!) with the way I did the Journey,the wife wouldn't even come out to the coach and help me with lining the Vectra....

I even tried that "you do the inside stuff and I do the outside stuff" line,but she said she was making a parlimentary exception....DARN women!!! They think of it all.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Sleep number queen cost me $840
Bedroom stereo $455
Hand held shower $273
Stainless Steel PKG $455

PLUS...Installing rain sensors and shade in fans. Would opt for sensors and at least one shade for living area fan...Daughter sleeps out there,no need for crack o dawn wakeups!!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

I have the vent shades. They not only keep out the light, they keep in the heat when it's cold and the AC when it's hot. The shades are a worthwhile addition.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Good to know they have "some" thermal value...I'll be calling Fantastic Vent to order those and the rain sensors.

Guess that's a Horizon/Vectra difference I can fix too!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

When I spoke with Tracey on the phone last night he remembered his front curtains sliding into a wooden box on either side....The 2006 Vectra does not have any wood trim covering the retracted front shade.
A change on the Vectra from my 2004 Journey is the pull cord to operate the blinds....On my '04 Journey you just used the wands.