Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2023, 08:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 Voyage Level 3000 won't go up or down.

I was prepping for a trip and I think I over extended all my levelers on my 2005 Voyage. As the levelers were extending, I heard a puff and then the pump was running too fast and the levelers stopped moving. Long story short, the levelers are up and won't come down. I have checked all 9 solenoids for continuity, checked the connections and relay to the pump and made sure the fluid reservoir is full with the levelers in the up position. There is no major oil leak, no blown hose, no leaking levelers, the house battery is brand new, etc. I hear the pump running very fast but the levelers don't move. Can anybody with hydraulic knowledge point me in the right direction? What have I missed? Thank you, Mark
mmulroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

What is the make and model your your leveling system? If it is HWH, this will help you accurately identify the model.. http://www.serenitysys.com/beaver/archives/HWH_System_ID_ml40256.pdf
Once we know the make/model we can proceed.
Your description sounds like the pump/motor connection has failed. If it is the motor a new one is available from Northern Hydraulics for $194.That is, assuming your make is HWH.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Ray, yes I have identified the unit as an HWH with a Level best 3000 lift system. The System operates the lifts and not the slides. I really appreciate your advice on this. I was racking my head over this and am afraid that you are right. I have the skills to replace a pump but I'm not sure about the disassembly. I have no Hydraulic Class A experience. Do you have an information source on how to remove the pump? Thanks for all your help! Mark
Old 04-02-2023, 09:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I've not had to replace a pump, only the motor. If you can remove the motor (don't allow the motor to come apart during removal) you'll see the motor had a slotted shaft, which fit over the pump shaft flat end. If you can easily turn the pump by hand you might be able to discern if it is broken.
The pump and reservoir are bolted together, so all fluid must be pumped out into a container if you must replace the pump.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-08-2023, 09:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Ray, I'm not sure how it comes apart. The hydraulic unit is above the reservoir and it looks like there are a number of screws that hold the reservoir to the Unit. I'm not sure about how to separate the pump from the motor. Is there a diagram breakdown??
Old 04-09-2023, 02:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Please use the ID link I provided to correctly identify your HWH leveling system model number. With that we can proceed to look up the proper service manual, which details diagnosis,disassembly and pump replacement,if required.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

At a stand still

Ray, I think the control unit is a 350. I didn't see it in the listing you suggested. This is what I've done so far.: I removed the HWH hydraulic unit, removed the motor, removed the reservoir, removed the pump and found the pump housing and gear to be cracked. I'm at a stand still because there is a number on the pump but I can't find a listing. I'm calling Winnebago tomorrow. check out the pics.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxI2h...qpT0VcOPf0SxZx
Old 04-25-2023, 06:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The part number on the pump housing is 270T250604. I can't find a listing on this number.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

There are two people you can talk to, one is a member on the IRV2 forum, Paul Maddox, his nick on IRV2 is ArizonaPete. His phone number is 602-549-3638. He worked for HWH for years and I think still works for Lippert since they took over. He can help you figure out what is going on. Don't be affraid to call him he prefers phone calls to direct messages.

The second is Stuarts Service, they are an HWH service center in Elkhart, IN, call Chuck Stewart, 800-826-6267, and he may be able to help you.

If the motor is running fast the shaft or gears (I think you said they were cracked) are bad, and the motor is not running the pump. I do knot that HWH/Lippert is having a difficult time getting parts, so it may be difficult to source parts.

Good luck
Old 04-26-2023, 07:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

tim, Lippert and HWH are two separate companies, They are not connected in any way.
mmlulroy either has a Lipppert Level Best system OR a HWH system.
Since he did not find the model# of a HWH system, I suspect it's a Lippert Level Best system.
HWH systems willl always have a sticker witth a number beginning with AP on them too.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:15 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Both Tim and Ray are correct. It's a Lippert and when I called for technical support, I was told that they don't sell the pump separately. The unit will cost $3,800.00 before tax. So I'm at stand still. At this point, I'm going to go around the independents and pick some brains on whether there is any options for the pump. Thanks for any information that can help me. I'll give Paul a call later because it might be too early for a phone call right now. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2023, 08:27 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

You do have another option, buy a used assembly from a MH salvage yard..
RV salvage and surplus yards by state.

Paul Maddox works for HWH and specifically offers advice from his experience working there. He will not sell parts.
He isl very busy during spring planting and working for HWH. It is best to send him a text with details of a HWH model and await his reply.
Old 04-26-2023, 07:14 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

I thought Lippert purchased HWH, I am happy to know I was wrong about that.

At that price point, might be time to hit up some of the junk yards around the country
Old 05-01-2023, 09:58 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Paul Maddox definitely helped

Ray, you pointed in the right direction on my 2005 Voyage. Paul helped me realize that the way to identify the hydraulic pump was from the model number on the Electric motor. It turns out that the unit is a Monarch. I called Monarch and they cannot sell to the general public but, they directed me with a new part number for the hydraulic pump to a company named Spencer Fluid Power. They found the pump in Modesto, CA and is shipping it to me in 3 days. The bill so far is $155.42.

P.S. Winnebago and Lippert both wanted $4000.00 for the unit.

I probably won't have time to install it for 2 weeks. after that, I will leave an update about my level Best 3000 hydraulic system problem.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:47 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

So here is the rest of the story. The Monarch pump came in from a company called Spencer Fluid Power for $155.00. I installed the pump onto the valve body and motor assembly and filled the reservoir with tranny fluid before I raised it up and attached it back to frame of my Class A. I Attached all the lines, 9 coils, connections and relay and ran the system. It worked like a BOSS. I put the levelers down and then up and let the system turn itself off. Went under and check the reservoir level and put my Class back to sleep. Man what a project! I feel relieved to know that I was able to pinpoint the problem and fix it without spending 4 grand. SATISFACTION!!
P.S. I hope this helps someone out there.

Tags
voyage