Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just picked up our "new" 2005 Vectra and drove it home (400 miles from the dealer.) It is an 05 but was never sold. Since the dealer had it in inventory for a year and needed to move it, we got it under invoice. I am very impressed with the coach. It seems to be as quiet and as easy to drive as my friends 2006 Monaco Diplomat. Both coaches have the same engine/trans. So far the only thing I found was a dead light in the transmission temp guage and the cab A/C doesn't seem to be ice cold. It is definately cold but on Max A/C it barley kept me cool. I did not have the coach AC on as I am not sure how to run it when driving. Need to read the book. My computer said I got 6.6 MPG which seems low but maybe thats all she can do. A lot of hills to climb here in Montana! The only other issue is when I took my pressure washer to the windows to get the bugs off, some black flecks of paint started to fly off a black trim piece under the windshield. However underneath the paint it is black anyway!

08 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV
montanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just picked up our "new" 2005 Vectra and drove it home (400 miles from the dealer.) It is an 05 but was never sold. Since the dealer had it in inventory for a year and needed to move it, we got it under invoice. I am very impressed with the coach. It seems to be as quiet and as easy to drive as my friends 2006 Monaco Diplomat. Both coaches have the same engine/trans. So far the only thing I found was a dead light in the transmission temp guage and the cab A/C doesn't seem to be ice cold. It is definately cold but on Max A/C it barley kept me cool. I did not have the coach AC on as I am not sure how to run it when driving. Need to read the book. My computer said I got 6.6 MPG which seems low but maybe thats all she can do. A lot of hills to climb here in Montana! The only other issue is when I took my pressure washer to the windows to get the bugs off, some black flecks of paint started to fly off a black trim piece under the windshield. However underneath the paint it is black anyway!

Old 06-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Enjoy MontanaB, I dont understand dealer invoice
and a PRESSURE WASHER on any vehicle!!!!
THAT CANT BE GOOD!!!!!TENN.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

montanaB:

have an 04 Vectra- think you will
enjoy the"V". As Tenn.Vol stated
careful with the pressure washer.
Windsheilds maybe OK - Iwould be
very careful on full body paint.
If you use try to use at a good distance
,if at all!!
mrbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum

We now have about 14,000 miles on our '05 Horizon (your twin) and our mileage will run from the 6s in the hills and pushing into a Montana west wind to the 8/9s with the wind at our back. We are about 36,000 pounds gross combined weight and have the ISL engine.

We continue to be impressed with our coach; the power, the quality, the road manners, the standard features that are options on higher-line coaches, and our layout (we have the 40AD.)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the tip on the pressure washer. What do you suggest for cleaning off bugs and/or cleaning the coach exterior?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

1921 John your in a beautiful spot enjoy
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montanaB:
Thanks for the tip on the pressure washer. What do you suggest for cleaning off bugs and/or cleaning the coach exterior? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wash your rig with any good car wash soap...I use Turtle Wax Zip Wash. If I can't do a full water/soap wash and it is not too dirty, I use some great stuff call No Wet. It cleans and shines in one step. If you apply any good polish or wax to the front of your rig, bugs will come off more easy. Again, the No Wet helps with that.

Camco makes a product called RV Bug and Tar Cutter. It works very well. Some folks say a wet dryer sheet removes bugs. I keep a good coat of No Wet on my rig and bugs usually come off with water and one of those bug scrubber cloths from Wal Mart.

Congrats on your new rig. The Vectra is a fine looking coach.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

montanaB

The best thing I have found for the bugs that have made their supreme sacrafice and tried to impede your forward motion and keep you out of their territory - is to use wet Bounce cloths (yes - those little white paper kind of things your wife uses in the drier). First wet the front of the coach, then wet a Bounce and wipe the little buggers off, then wash off the white film.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote