Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 Suncruiser Yet another Dimensions 300 problem

I have a 2005 Suncruiser and the little TV center inverter quit delivering 110. It lights up and hums but no 110. The white on/off buttons do not seem to be working.
On my last trip I used a good inverter I had on hand. I just sat it on the floor b6 the door and connected to the batts and plugged TV etc in via extension cord.
I’m thinking to install that inverter up where the Dimensions goes but it does not have a transfer switch. I’m dry camping 99 percent of the time and have 400 watts solar so I’m thinking I can live without a transfer switch.
Any thoughts? I doubt Sensata is going to repair my 300 as they have not returned my messages.

Thanks guys.
Richard
Rich488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Well I mounted the new inverter where the dimensions was and I think it will be fine.
I won’t have a transfer switch but I think it will b3 ok. In fact when I use my Dish Tailgater and start the generator the Tailgater would lose power and take five minutes to go through startup and now I won’t have that problem.
I messaged Sensata/Dimensions 3 times and got zero reply so think twice before buying from them.

Tags
suncruiser