Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 sightseer parts supplier

We recently purchased a 05 sightseer. Where is a good resource for all types of parts? For instance, I need 3 plastic rollers that attach to the top of my glass shower slide doors. Any help will be greatly appreciated. We recently came off our first 900 mile 4 day road trip.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

For common small parts as mentioned, I look first to the local parts places and put off the "specialty" places until I can't find it local in other places. Next I go to local RV supply and hope but it often gets down to ordering from online sites as far fewer places stock the small items that we need.
Much depends on how well we might shop and lots of luck!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. That's where I will start.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2004 sightseer I get almost all my parts from Lichtsinn RV in Iowa 1-800-343-6255 have your VIN number ready its helps. They are down the street from Winn plant. They ship fast, Iam in FL 2 to 3 day for parts. My last item I got from them were 2 front jacks mine were leaking and they cant be rebuilt. Hope that helps
winno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by winno View Post
I have a 2004 sightseer I get almost all my parts from Lichtsinn RV in Iowa 1-800-343-6255 have your VIN number ready its helps. They are down the street from Winn plant. They ship fast, Iam in FL 2 to 3 day for parts. My last item I got from them were 2 front jacks mine were leaking and they cant be rebuilt. Hope that helps
Same for me. I have a 2005 Sightseer and when ever I need parts for anything, I just call them ... or email at [email protected]

They are good people and get the stuff mailed right out to me for reasonable costs.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:17 AM   #6
CoveredWagon

Since I am an avid Do-It-Yourselfer I look for parts at places like Home Depot or Menards. If that doesn't work I check Amazon or Ebay. When all else fails, the part gets changed to something I can find locally. Mine has a WorkHorse Chassis. They are a PIA to find parts. Brake calipers and pads are GM part #, but Auto Zone and Oreilly's could not cross reference the parts! NAPA did better! Parking Brake Assembly is discontinued without replacement, but most small parts are available. Contact Workhorse for part #'s.
HAVE FUN! They are a challenge, but great rigs when they work right!
CoveredWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

If I can figure out who the original mfg of the part was (Winnebago outsources a lot of their "small parts") I will go to their site and order directly from them. As an example TriMark is the mfg of most of the locks, hinges, latches, door locks, keys for the outside compartments, etc. They have a web site and you can look up your part there and order directly from them ---- then you know you have a part that will fit. Sometimes it takes some more work to figure out who the supplier was or the supplier may be out of business or has been acquired by someone else -- whole new ballgame. This is how I have found "stuff" I need. As someone else recommended, Ebay is also a good source as are RV parts suppliers --- I have bought from Lichestein (sp) as has been suggested also -- they are very good.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:35 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

There's a good chance you'll find what you need here: https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information

The rollers you need may be from a company called Coastal Industries. I've ordered shower door parts from them in the past for my '08 Sightseer.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have bought oem parts from this website.

WinnebagoParts.com | Parts for Winnebago built RVs and motorhomes.WinnebagoParts.com
Kickenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I’ve used the usual sources (Amazon, box store etc) for a lot but will also add a plug for Winnebagoparts.com. I needed a couple of switches for a project and I wanted it to look “OEM”. Winnie parts was great to work with, would use again.
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, sightseer