Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2022, 08:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2005 Journey suddenly lost house dc power

Dry camping and was running generator to run the microwave qnd too off the batteries and everything shut down. Checked all the breakers nothing popped. House voltage on the all-in-one center shows 0 volts. Turn the inverter on and the displays shows 12.4 volts and if I turn the inverter on the ac outlets work. Cant start the generator even when using battery boast. Was getting dark so i ran a jumper wire from the chassis batteries to the refrigerator for tonight.

Didnt pull out the house batteries to check the 250 amp house battery fuse but if the inverter turns on it has to be ok.

Anyone have an idea where to start. Thanks
neub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Issue resolved

Issue resolved. It was a failed house battery isolation solenoid. I jumped it until i can get a replacement when i get home
neub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Based on what I understand you have done, I might suggest care here as your jump to get power may mean you are using the last of your power which is coming from the start battery. That can mean you will not be able to start the engine!

With the jumper removed, are you able to start the RV engine? That is often the best plan when wondering about power as it does give a good source of good solid power from the alternator to all the other parts when things are working correctly.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, yes with the jumper removed the rv does start. I just jumped the house battery disconnect solenoid which failed. The battery boast os still untouched so no power being used from the chassis for the house. All in one center os showing different voltages for the chassis and house.

Tags
journey, power