Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2005 Journey Block Heater

We recently updated from our 2000 Journey to a 2005 36G with the Cat C7. Our old block heater was plugged in at the electrical service bay. I can't see where this one is plugged in. When my engine heater switch is turned on there is no amp draw. I know I could crawl under and trace the wire but we are on our "Shakedown Cruise" for the weekend in a very wet RV park! By the way we love the "new to us" ride. Thanks for any insight.
Ron
Snowwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

According to page 2 of the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation diagram for your coach the outlet that the engine block heater plugs into should be in the same compartment as the inverter/charger and ATS.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

As you look into your electrical compartment, on the right side there is a panel that is open at the top. Look in/fish around in there for a 110 cord. That is it.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thank You Gentlemen. Interestingly, last night I had a mirror and a flashlight looking behind that panel (very dark and an LED flashlight) for the cord! I didn't want to stick my hand down there. When the rain lets up I'll make another attempt and report back!
Ron
Snowwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Things are looking up. Stopped raining and I can see some blue sky. All of your descriptions are accurate. Found the wire balled up inside the panel as described but I had to remove the sheet metal as the plug was caught on some of the wiring. also Winnie had pinched the wire on the support so I had to repair the wire. Plugged in and it is now operational. Thank You all. One project down.
Ron
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Any time. Now get to some place where you won't need the block heater. We will have to wait until December to head south.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I too have an 05 36G. I found the wire for the block heater, but cannot find an outlet. Where is it located?
SoIlBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

In the top of the electrical compartment there is a "box". The water pump switch and outside light switch are mounted on the front of the box. The block heater outlet is mounted on the part of the box that faces the rear of the MH. So, you're looking at the edge of the outlet. The plate itself faces the rear of the MH and is rather hard to see the first time. A flashlight helps.

This is a copy and paste from TomSM on the RVForum.net where there is also a Winnebago forum.
Ron
Old 11-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I THOUGHT I had looked everywhere in that compartment. Just went out with a flashlight and found it just as you described.

Thanks much.
SoIlBoy is offline   Reply With Quote