Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 PM   #1
sonny

2004 Winnebago Journey 36 Issue

I have 2004 Winnebago Journey 36 ft diesel pusher. Can you tell me the type of clear coat used on the front of the coach. I want to repair but have been told two different methods depending of what kind of clear coat was used.[Moderator Edit]
sonny mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi and Welcome.

I moved your post out of the “factory closing” thread and also removed your phone number from the post. It’s always better to start you own post rather than add it to a different thread on a different subject. This way people will see your question and can help with answers. Also, posting a personal phone number on the internet is never a good idea for privacy and safety reasons.

Now, about your question. Are you asking about the clearcoat painted on the whole RV or the clear plastic film applied only to the front of your coach? They are two very different things.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

As has been referenced in several other posts, we removed failing 3M film and Journey decal a few years back. We prepped and shot the front cap ourselves.

Sought advice, got a bunch. Took courses at YouTube U. Ultimately we sought out a pro.

We have a great auto finish store here. FinishMasters. I drove our rig into their parking lot (didn't do them any favors) and listened to their advice. They ID'd the color from my Vehicle Certification Label, advised on product and color matched basecoat. I went with True Finish Acrylic Urethane Clearcoat. 2 part. No special tools needed. Following their assurance I used the same Rockler HVLP I use for woodworking.

Looks fine, lasting a long time. Qt base, 2 Qts clearcoat, under $60

BTW. Rockler doesn't sell my sprayer anymore, but HF carries exactly - color and all, less Rockler label - the same machine. Approx $119.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote