Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question 2004 Suncruiser, W22 Electrical boxes just behind the grill, missing tops?

Maybe someone can help me with this? 2004 Itasca Suncruiser, 33v, W22 chassis. I have 2 completely uncovered compartments just behind the grill. One looks like it has large silver capacitors, or solenoids, and the other, right beside it, open to the passenger side, is a printed circuit board of some kind? COMPLETELY EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS. They have a rubber gasket, where the top(s) used to be. If I can find out what they are, I could maybe find tops, to seal the electronics. As it stands, I'm afraid to drive it anywhere!
Thanks,
--Rick
rsieminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

IT sounds like you are looking at HWH (slide out / leveling jacks) solenoides
silver caps cylinders protection not needed.

Printed board with leds and relays had a clear cover held in by gasket on body.
Cover is needed !!! call HWH for replacement 563 724 3396.

learn about the solenoids how to open manually.
I had to replace some of mine b4 I learned they have a duty cycle. leave store button on too long and it will cost you to replace.
also find the tank of ATF fluid to check level. for jacks and room slide

hope this helps
T J
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thunderjet, you are awesome! Sorry it took so long for my reply, I am still fighting with these P0120, and P2135 codes. R/R throttle body, TPS, ans TAC. Changed out the connector on throttle body.

OK, so the solenoides, and that box does not need a cover... correct?

What does HWH stand for?

Any idea what that box is called? What the part number is? Any info, so I can find a lid.

How do I learn about how to operate the solenoides manually?
What is the "Store Button"?

Thanks So much!
Old 09-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

1st I have no clue what HWH stands for it is just a corporation in Moscow Iowa that makes RV stuff.
I am guessing you have leveling jacks that power down to lift coach and springs that retract the pistons to lower coach. about the time your coach was made the springs had straight sides and did a slow poor job of retracting. all four pistons retract at same time when the store button is pushed. due to the slow retract times solenoids left powered up 20 to 30 minutes. would burn out.

upgraded springs have a tapper on each end and work better, keep store times under 10 minutes then rest off for 10 if needed i spray down piston with wd40 or wipe with ATF before retracting. if necessary prie up to help with storing.
silver caps have a 1/4 nut on top that can be loosen to manually open valves with out power, newer valves have a lever to open them.

the box with printed circuits relays and lights must be protected from dirt and water. the number on box will help id witch box you have. I bet you could make your own cover from some thin plexiglass.
good luck
TJ
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, suncruiser