Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2022, 04:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2004 Meridian cargo latch

On my 2004 Itasca Meridian, the latch which holds the door for power and fresh water has failed. It was stiff opening and I gave it a little wiggle and more force than usual heard a snap and now there is no latch sticking out of the door. Looking in I see a metal tab and what appears behind that tab appears to be plastic. There is still an operational spring.

Does anyone know where I might find parts diagrams and possibly even parts for this?. I am not sure that anything broke but it's likely something did. And of course I would like to try to fix it on a holiday weekend if I can, because we're scheduled to hit the road for a week on Tuesday.

Any guidance, parts sites, or further disassembly information as welcome. Thank you.
Mongobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Can you look at the latches on the other doors for your “diagram?” For parts I’d check with Litchsinn RV in Iowa, but I’m sure the latch is a generic RV door latch and not all that unique to your coach.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

These should match your cargo door latches: Door Latches

This old thread may also be helpful: Basement door latch replacement

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I had latch break on my Meridian last year. Called Litchsinn RV parts dept and was taken care of professionally https://www.lichtsinn.com/

As it turned out the latch pretty much is a standard type latch. The hardest part was removing all the pop rivets.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Resolved.

Thank you everyone for your comments and your pointers to other articles and information. Would that help I was able to understand the repair easily, find the part, and replace it all before the DW wants to leave on her trip.

Again, everyone thank you very much for the help!
Old 05-29-2022, 06:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Resolved.

Thank you everyone for your comments and your pointers to other articles and information. Would that help I was able to understand the repair easily, find the part, and replace it all before the DW wants to leave on her trip.

Again, everyone thank you very much for the help!

PS after some running around looking at other places I actually found the part I wanted at the camping world close to my house. It was $10 and change. I did need to run to the hardware store because the rivet size needed was 3/16 of an inch, and I only had one rivet that size.