Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Call Dave, they said they would do ours in FL but we choose to take it to the factory next June on our way to Calgary. We had a problem in 05 not their fault but Winnie had our side painted. CDI says this clear coat problem is known and they will take care of us. Said would take about 4 hours but in FL the subs might want it overnight so we are swinging by Forest City.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">CDI is the contractor that does all of Winnies full body painting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In '03 (and maybe previous years?) some coaches were painted by CDI and some at the Winnie factory. My '03 was painted by Winnie. There is a subtle diference in the colors and the design. I have peeling of the clearcoat above the rain gutter line on the front and both sides. Guess I need to talk to Winnie rather than CDI...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Is CDI or Winnebago, whoever does the repairs, repainting the affected areas or just adding more clear coat on top? In talking to a local body shop I've been told you have to sand off all the old clear coat, the paint underneath, and then start all over again with new paint and clear coat over that. Mine is beginning to peel but I haven't contacted Winnebago yet. Mine is a 2004, how far back are they going to be willing to help with repairs?
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is CDI or Winnebago, whoever does the repairs, repainting the affected areas or just adding more clear coat on top? In talking to a local body shop I've been told you have to sand off all the old clear coat, the paint underneath, and then start all over again with new paint and clear coat over that. Mine is beginning to peel but I haven't contacted Winnebago yet. Mine is a 2004, how far back are they going to be willing to help with repairs?
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not watch them but it appears they did put on color and clear coat. There was color paint on my snap for the sun shade. My Meridian was manufactured on Jan 04.

2012 Honda CRV / M&G Braking
bill jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

And our Journey was Feb, 04
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I called Winnie, and CDI, about this last week. CDI called Winnie and offered to fix my clear coat problem for free if we came to Iowa. Even though they did not paint it and are not responsible. Pretty darn good offer...unfortunately, I have no plans to be anywhere near Iowa for a long time.

So...Winnie told me to find a good paint shop and have them do it. I will be looking into this over the next few months and will report what I have done.

Full-Timer
craigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

Craigt - If Winny told you to find a good paint shop and have them do the job, did they say who would be responsible for paying for it? I'm in your position, Forest City is a long expensive time consuming trip if you're not already going in that direction. I'd lot rather have one of our local paint shops do the job.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 10-15-2007, 03:55 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

Winnnie allowed me to get some paint and repair done at a local shop, (actually it was a FW repair station). Winnie wanted the warranty doubled and in writing. That was not a problem with the private shop. Everything went very well, the local shop did a much better paint job than what Winnie had done, in terms of gloss and smooth finish.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

wagonmaster2: They said it is up to me to pay for the paint job. But, if I came to FC, CDI would do it for free. Yes, that is a long way to go...too far.

Homer: Wow! That is awesome. Is this for your 2001 coach? If so, I should talk with Winnie again and push this!!!

Thanks!
Craig

Full-Timer
craigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #30
Winnebago Master

CRAIGT: Yes it was on my 2001 coach in the 3rd year. I told them I did not want to drive all the way to FC, especially in the early winter. We worked out a deal and they paid for the paint and repairs. I thought it was outstanding the way they bent over back wards to work with me. By the way I had to find an acceptable place to have it done and they had to approve of them. I live 35 miles from the Decatur FW factories and knew the private contractor. Winnie had pictures of the paint problem.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

Has anyone gotten an estimate from a private body & paint shop as to what the cost will be for repainting above the windshield and along the curved shoulders of the roof? It probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the color changes on the roof going from front to back. I figure it will probably cost me over $1,000 to drive to FC and back and for any motel nights that might be necessary. Thanks.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G