Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question 2004 Adventurer 37B owners

I have a vent below my shower that is wide open to the outside. You can literally look out at the ground. This allows a lot of road and mechanical noise in while traveling and I have concerns about bugs and such. I bought the coach used so I am not sure if this is "normal". Any suggestions?

I assume this is to insure that moisture doesn't cause issues at the shower pan area? I can place a screen to filter out the bugs and I suppose I can place a foam to help with the noise?

Any info would be appreciated. I will ask Winnie if no one has any ideas.
Thanks, Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It's normal. With the water/sewer service door closed very few bugs can get in. That vent helps keep the pipes from freezing.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks DonovanP, but I can see the ground. I don't think the water/sewer door will help in that case. I believe the freezing issue, although hot air rises. I think I will check this out some more.
Thanks, Joe

BTW. Moderators, I posted this in the wrong forum. Can someone move it to the Winnebago forum?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If your are saying you can see the ground with everything closed , there is a problem! If the door for the outside shower is closed but the trap door for the sewer hose is open, you might be able to see out. With that vent, I have been in temps in the teens with no freeze ups.
Also if I have hoses coming out of trap door, I put some foam insulation around the hoses to keep out bugs & cold. There nothing but a fiberglass bottom to that outside shower compartment.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I can see the ground without anything being open!
Joe
Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I did some checking on mine by shinning a flashlight down from that vent. This is just a suspicion but I think the previous owner had a blown out on one of the dual tires. Probably the inside one and things weren't fixed right. This vent area is right above the duals. Shine a flashlight down from vent & crawl underneath to see where you can see the light. Let us know what you found because this isn't right to see daylight through that vent! This will cause serious problems if left as is!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, I will do that as soon as I get the MH over from storage. We have a trip coming up in the next week or so, so it won't be long.
Joe
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

JW.
We have a 2007 37B and have the same issue and concern, and from the outside cannot reach up to attach some screen to this hole...have put some behind the shower floor vent, but agree that this is not ideal. Will be following your thread. Thanks.
gbanker is offline   Reply With Quote