Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2004 adventurer 37B HWH panel dead

I have looked at the manual and such and read some threads here, but I cannot find what might be the problem. Worked fine at last use. Tried to level today and the panel is completely dead. Slides are also dead. Suspect fuse maybe but manuals aren't much help in finding it. Any suggesttions greatly appreciated. Leaving for Tahoe in the morning and would love to have my leveling and slide system functional.
Thanks, Joe

Adddendum:
After re=-checking everything I could find without any success, I tried my main slide. It started to move. As soon as it started, the front levelers started down. They went all the way down and wouldn't shut off. I had to kill the power with my engine disconnect to stop them.
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Parking break on? Things work only with the parking break set. Just a thought.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Should have mentioned that I set and reset the parking brake and ran the gear selector back and forth a few times to make sure of those things.

I also noticed that my back levelers are fully deployed as well. All tires are off the ground.
Joe
Old 09-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I am also having leveler problems. I have the HWH 310 system and yesterday when tried to retract my jacks, there was NO power to the Touch Panel. I checked all fuses and all were good. Fuses are located on the Control Panel which is mounted under the dash on the firewall. I have a 2000 Winebago Journey 34B.
I am stuck in North Carolina and need to get home to Texas right away too.
My jacks are now retracted by me manually turning the "T" handle on the solenoids letting the fluid retract back into the resivour. Now I have NO air in my air bags and can not drive the motor home, it bounces all over the place.
There is NO RV dealer or service outlet near where I am either.
K5EAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I found a blown fuse in the HWH controller board which is located at the front of the engine where the valves and solenoids are located. I replaced the fuse and it didn't help. I have found that I can release the emergency brake and the jacks retract fully. If I set the emergency brake the jacks will fully deploy and I have to kill the chassis power to shut them off.
Joe
Old 09-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Situation resolved... maybe. Finally heard from HWH. They claim my main control board that is behind the plexiglass enclosure has fried. That is where I found the 7.5 amp fuse blown. The HWH tech said the board going bad will cause my issues exactly. I had a choice of buying a new board for $599.00 or sending mine in for repair, which is variable in price depending on what they do to it. The worst case is a total rebuild for $419.00. I am sending it in. I will report how this goes when I get it back. It will be several weeks before then.

Joe
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Got my controller back from HWH. $266.00 for the repair. It took a little less than two weeks. Will put it back in soon and test everything.
Joe